Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

why all grizzlys now?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 03:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why all grizzlys now?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HONDA CRUSHER 93

Why the............................... would Yamaha want to be like popos???????? If anything Polaris is trying their best to be like Yamaha.</end quote></div>

agreed.

Old 12-16-2007, 05:05 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: west350bruin

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: HONDA CRUSHER 93

Why the............................... would Yamaha want to be like popos???????? If anything Polaris is trying their best to be like Yamaha.</end quote></div>

agreed.</end quote></div>

???

I'm waiting for someone to tell me why they think Polaris is somehow striving to be like Yamaha, in some way other than trying to take their #2 sales slot.

I'm not saying that you may not have a point, I just don't see where in this thread polaris is copying yamaha by the yammi utes all being named the same.

Old 12-16-2007, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider

I'm sure the name change had something to do like I said with marketing and familiarity. I don't think Yamaha needs to take any pointers from Polaris to yield more sales at the end of the year.
I don't care who sells more ATV's

Old 12-16-2007, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider

It is stupid naming all the quads tha same I WONDER IF THE RAPTOR'S AND THE GRIZZLY'S GOT IN A FIGHT WHO WOULD WIN? lol sorry had too.

Old 12-17-2007, 01:45 AM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: west350bruin

I'm sure the name change had something to do like I said with marketing and familiarity. I don't think Yamaha needs to take any pointers from Polaris to yield more sales at the end of the year.

I don't care who sells more ATV's</end quote></div>

Yamaha sells more units than Polaris, I didn't say Yamaha was taking pointers I was pointing out that Polaris' would have a reason to copy Yamaha if it meant more sales. But I still don't see how anything in this thread refers to Polaris copying yamaha.

Old 12-17-2007, 10:43 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Use of single name is what they call branding in marketing terms. You think of a Griz, it is a ute. You think of Raptor, it is a sport. Where the T'wolves and big bears fall I have no idea other than cross over maybe? Yamaha must have gotten a new marketing company to do some form of poll or something... I doubt they would have come up with that all on their own...

Old 12-17-2007, 09:13 PM
Range Rover

I asked the local dealer and they told me that the marketing department put togeather a study and found they could save something like 100,000 dollars if they cut down on the different names. I guess between ads and graphics? It sounded better then anything I had heard before so maybe it is true.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

IT STILL SUCKS. THEY HAD A BUNCH OF GOO LINES OF BIKES, NOW SOME GUY WITH A 350 CAN STILL SAY " I HAVE A RAPTOR TOO" I BOUGHT THE RAPTOR BECAUSE IT WAS THE BIGGEST FASTEST BIKE OUT THERE. THE BIG BEAR FOR THE MUD WITH THE 3" LIFT AND 27" MUD LITES, ITS A MUD MACHINE AND THE GRIZZLY IS THE CRUISER THAT WILL PUSH DOWN A SMALL TREE AT WILL. SO NOW THERES NO DIFFERENCE EXCEPT ENGINE SIZE. WHATS THE WORLD COMING TO??????:

Old 12-19-2007, 11:04 PM
Elite Pro Rider

2manyyammies,

You may want to re-check the year of your Raptor.

I agree with the sentiment. I didn't mind when the 80cc kids quad got renamed, but it's gotten old now with 4 raptors for sale. Thank goodness the yfz didn't get a raptor badge. The model code prefixes are even the same (at least for 3 of the raptors I believe).

Old 12-24-2007, 05:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

It's just a bunch of marketing crap, just like how they turned all the sport quads into a raptor. They all look the same, and even if you are buying a lower end model, you still get the same name and cool looks as the one that actually has the performance to back up the looks. In my opinion it sucks, but i'm sure they're tricking more people into buying their stuff this way. Honda did the same thing, made all their sport quads look like a 450r. If I was a 450r owner i'd be pissed about this, because your machine doesn't look any faster than the 250ex sitting beside it at the dealer. Now, if the machines were all built alike with the same features, and the only differences were engine displacement and physical size that wouldn't be so bad. But when you realize that some of these raptors and grizzlys are using 1980's technology while others are working on the latest and greatest technology out there, it just doesnt' seem right. Heck, in my opinion the new raptor 250 is a better machine than the raptor 350, which is marketed as a higher model. I like the old 350's, but the design is flat-out outdated, and to put them at the same category as the raptor 700 and 250 is nothing but a marketing gimmick.

What really gets me though, is that even with all these different utility machines yamaha offers, you still can't buy a big bore 4x4 with anything other than a damn CVT automatic. Apparently yamaha thinks everybody wants an automatic, or they feel the automatic is superior technology in comparison to manual shift, so the manual trans is not worthy of their flagship model. What's up with that? I think if yamaha would realize that an auto-clutch manual trans really does have some benefits, and actually made that an option, they would really boost their sales because nobody offers a decent 4x4 machine with a manual shift.

Quick Reply: why all grizzlys now?