Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I WANT A NITROUS BURN'IN RAPTOR!!!HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2001, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok....here's the deal. I've got a few questions. Do they make nitrous kits for quads?
Next question...If they make them...how much are they? If they don't make them.....do I have to piece it together? What engine mods do I have to do to run nitrous? Last question.....does it tear up the engine? I want to break 100mph

Old 01-13-2001, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

look at the last issue of dirtwheels there is a raptor in there with nitrous and it gives the name of the place that modified it.

Chasman
01 blk/wht raptor

Old 01-13-2001, 07:47 AM
Pro Rider

I've run nitrous in my Mustang for a couple of years now and it's still running strong. The only way nitrous will hurt a motor is if you lean it out or feed it more than the motor can handle. I have also been considering putting my blue baby on the big blue bottle. As for engine mods, the best mod you could make would be an aftermarket forged piston. most nitrous kits I have seen for Quad's cost about $500. The toughest thing about putting nitrous on your bike will probably be that you will have to add a fuel pump to supply the additional fuel that nitrous requires.

Old 01-13-2001, 10:21 AM
Trailblazer

one other thing dont ya need to advance the ignition for nitro for it to work as best as possible

dont get me wrong im not a nitro expert cause im a woods rider but well i was just currious

Old 01-13-2001, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider

Check out ALBA action sports. They sell complete kits for banshee`s and warrior for $600. I`m sure their working on one for a Raptor. If not Nitrosoxide Systems sells a generic atv kit for around the same price. HTH

98 Scrambler 500
00 Trailblazer 250

Old 01-14-2001, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider

I researched them on the internet.....says it can cause severe engine damage.....premature death....of you and the engine and detenation.
Don't think I'll be putting it on my $7,500 quad.
Also says it will make it pull a wheelie at 75mph when you hit it...wouldn't that be a ride?

Old 01-14-2001, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider

If you keep the engine from detonation (for instance always use the best gas you can find) it will live forever. I have not hurt my Mustang yet. Been 2 years on the bottle and just keeps getting faster. Detonation is the enemy!!! Race gas is the solution!!!

Old 01-15-2001, 12:28 PM
Range Rover

The place is called Hardin County Motorsports the number is 1-888-314-5444, there Just down the road from me in Hardin County Ky, I'm in lousiville about 30minutes away, they got 10 raptors in, sold 9 kept one and put nitrous on it, I am pretty sure they detuned a Banshee kit, nitrous isnt vehicle specific but the amount you use is crucial, 1 carb the one that feeds 2 ports should get slightly more, and jetting should be richened up extensively, possible add a fuel pump and regulator, all in all you should beable to hook it up for under 700 bucks. which is 4000 less than a turbo, but the turbo can be used all the time, the nitrous only at wide open throttle and above 2500 rpm. call those guys if your serious. about it.

Old 01-15-2001, 12:55 PM
Trailblazer

A nitro Raptor....that's almost as sick as a turbo Hayabusa! But RaptorAZ is right, detonation is bad, very bad! N2O is similar to boost in blowers, more horsepower requires more fuel. However, imagine what would happen if one of the jets were partially clogged when you squirted!?! Heads up..literally! When you get a moment, notice where(more importantly WHAT) that head is pointed at! I've seen some nasty nitro backfires and explosions in my years at the race track and they're never pretty(they are pretty amusing as long as it's not your car). I've seen little things such as a leaky o-ring in a solenoid blow a bank before(a nice yellow '95 Viper that came up short one hood). If you have that much of a death wish, save a couple thousand and ride your quad into a tree, it'll accomplish the same thing! Just my $.02!

Old 01-15-2001, 04:34 PM
Range Rover

Ya dont go overboard here, a small shot of nitrous maybe 20hp worth even on a small engine is not enough to send a piston wizzing by your head,maybe enough to burn or scorch one but not enough to seperate it from the rod. Dont sweat that part, dont do it yourself. Find someone who knows what their doing, Hardin county has nitrous fed quads and motorcycles running all over, and theres a pretty good chance I may add a squirt to my wolverine for some hill climbing power!
fuel+air+n20=hp

Quick Reply: I WANT A NITROUS BURN'IN RAPTOR!!!HELP!!!