Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

what does this mean???

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what does this mean???

well as far as air leaks i just replaced all parts that would cause an air leak.

the float height i'm assuming is right because i had already adjusted it to the spec. in the book. i read another forum on a different site and it stated the exact problem i'm having and to up my pilot jet size as to i don't get any difference when turning the fuel screw past 3 turns out. ARGH I HATE CARBS!!!! lol

Old 01-28-2008, 06:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I doubt it's because the pilot jet is too small. That might put a bandaid on the problem, but if nothing else changed then why would the pilot jet suddenly be too small? Or has it always been this way?

Old 01-28-2008, 06:19 PM
Pro Rider

it's been running like this since i bought it. i bought it off my uncles friend for 200 bucks. he told me it sat for about 4 years. so i started rebuilding it. i found that the exauhst melted a huge hole in the side of the air box. so i bought a brand new air box and wrapped the pipe in heat protection and aluminum foil. so far so good no signs of melting. now this is an old problem i bought this thing on july 4th 2007.

it came with a 150 main already in it and the pilot is stock 42 i think i don't remember the size off hand. needle clip is in the middle. checked it but never moved it. i can turn the fuel screw to 4 turns out and there is absolutely no change in rpms. i can turn it in and same ordeal. i put about 800 bucks into this thing and i hate to see it go to waste. i mean it runs and rides fine. just when it idles it's a problem. hiccups through carb and when letting off the gas it hiccups and pops/backfires. this thing is really starting to **** me off.

but in any matter that's why i was saying maybe my pilot is too small because of the no change in rpm ordeal with the fuel screw. like i said this didn't just start to happen it's been going on since i had it. the only difference is it was running rich in the summer and is now running lean in the winter.

i wish i could get a straight answer on how to fix this problem but no one seems to want to do that. so if some one here could tell me how to fix this problem it would be appreciated.

Old 01-29-2008, 12:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Go buy a new carb if youre going to bitch about nobody helping you, i tried but your **** doesnt make any sense.

Old 01-29-2008, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used to have a hiccup from my reverse switch when riding ,just a thought , I disconnected it the safety side of it

Old 01-29-2008, 05:27 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: recon99

Go buy a new carb if youre going to bitch about nobody helping you, i tried but your **** doesnt make any sense.</end quote></div>

first off i aint bitching. and second i've been asking this same question for the past 3 months and no one seems to know what is wrong. and it aint my fault that you can't understand what i'm explaining to you. i'm telling you exactly what's wrong.

Old 01-29-2008, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider

no it's deffinantly comming from the carb.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:52 PM
Range Rover

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 87 warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: recon99

Go buy a new carb if youre going to bitch about nobody helping you, i tried but your **** doesnt make any sense.</end quote></div>

first off i aint bitching. and second i've been asking this same question for the past 3 months and no one seems to know what is wrong. and it aint my fault that you can't understand what i'm explaining to you. i'm telling you exactly what's wrong.</end quote></div>

i have to agree with the first and last part of what recon99 said...get the new carb, if you've spent 800 on it, you might as well just spend a hundred or 2 more on a new carb, and...i was reading the posts, he was trying to help you, chill he's just outta ideas, so here's one...buy new carb.

Old 01-29-2008, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

that's 400 bucks that i don't have. that's why i'm asking for ideas on what this could be. and i am chill you guys must be reading this like i have an attitude which i don't. i just want ideas on what can fix it. that's it.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:47 AM
Trailblazer

This has happened to my '02 Raptor. I took the carb off and found it was all clogged up. If you can't do it yourself, take it to your local shop and have them throughly clean it. This should stop the spitting and the stalling.