Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yamaha Blaster horrible bottom end

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 11:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamaha Blaster horrible bottom end

whats all this about blasters not having the power i have an 01 that is 40 over with an fmf fatty and my dad weighs 310 an it still hauls but with him on it check all your clutch stuff

Old 02-23-2008, 11:38 PM
Range Rover

im with you, blasters rip, pretty fast for 200 cc's

Old 02-24-2008, 08:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default Always a superior mind out there...

Listen to whoever you want to , but anyone throwing down comments like the ones suzuki2009 has offered, cannot be looked to for objective input.

I have 2 2 strokes that are great fun. They also have plenty of power for this old geezer, but then again I'm not trying to "beat" anyone or anything.

If you are looking for comparisons, don't compare 2 strokes to 4 strokes of the same cc's and it's a good rule of thumb to expect a 4 stroke to need 1.5 t 2 times the displacement to equate to a 2 stroke.

350 rancher may actually be expected to whip the Blaster in pretty much any case. I dunno. But I see you have a blaster,.... In your situation, I recommend learning all you can about the BLASTER not a Rancher. Then decide if you want to continue with the Blaster, or sell it and buy a rancher or some other scooter.

It's all about the enjoyment, not who's is bigger/faster/chromier/newer/taller or more expensive.

Learn.....

love......

live.....

Old 02-24-2008, 09:46 PM
Range Rover

i like what you say terrellster

Old 02-24-2008, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: qsportgoat

i like what you say terrellster</end quote></div>

Thanks goat. I've seen some pretty good input coming from your avatar too.

I've got a tiny amount of 4wheeler experience, but plenty-o Life experience.

My Signature line says it all in the fewest words. It doesn't rule anything in or out, just gives a solid set of guidelines. If eating right treats you right, keep on doin it.
If bangin your head against a wall hurts, well.....I think you can see that's one of those things one might want to change.

I suspect when someone is looking for guidance, they're not looking for competition. If they're looking for competition they usually say so.

I'm not looking to bash on suzuki2009, just want to let him know he should try to help, not try to make like the request is futile.

I'm pretty certain that a 4wheeler built for about 20 production years is a pretty decent machine. I hope that he will show that respect that he'd expect of others when he's looking for input.

Anyone got a set of good rear wheels for a 96 Badger (3 holers)?

Old 02-25-2008, 08:00 AM
Range Rover

perfectly stated

Old 02-26-2008, 03:38 PM
Trailblazer

the blaster is not mine, and i wasnt in anyway disrespecting that quad or any 2 strokes, ive had the rancher for 5 years, never had to repair anything, it aint a crap bike either. i was just trying to help out a friend who has a problem with his blaster.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

Jake, None of the finger wagging has been at you. Your questions are fine and I see some answers thrown out there that would be advice well taken. "gsportgoat" has offered up some decent direction at least. I think you have conducted yourself in a decent manner.

Let us know what you and your friend come up with when/if it gets fixed. All of us learn from each others repairs, and I <u>personally</u> look forward to the outcome.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

I re-visit the threads I get involved with, pretty regular, to check outcomes.

After a little research and a lot of "problem V outcome" discussions I have to believe the reeds are truly the big problem, and I'm kinda surprised that the "gapped" reads run much at all. A Really cheap test to replace those babies and see how it goes. I expect that'll do it.

Now,....Since I'm the wordy one on the discussion, I'll go ahead and step in it a bit more and suggest another cost-free test.... Lift the rear end onto a block/stand (I made one out of 2x4's that works great for this) and run the machine on the stand. with no resistance, it should be a little better. But the true test while it's on the stand is to disconnect the chain and turn the rear wheels and see if the bearings in the rear end are free and without binding. The rear end bearings could be causing an issue, so could the chain if it's too tight.

These are the last items I can imagine causing anything....Good luck and let us know.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:15 AM
Trailblazer

i appreciate the advice, i will get back to you with the results as soon as i get them.

Quick Reply: Yamaha Blaster horrible bottom end