Default Raptor 700 pipe question

^^^^what do you mean by that?

Old 02-27-2008, 12:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just cant get a straight answer

need an answer from someone who has a slip on pipe

its a damn piece of junk if you put a slip on pipe for $300 and have to put another $200 to make it work with a damn programmer

Old 02-28-2008, 02:37 AM
Pro Rider

it like have to rejet your bike when you put a slipon on the bike. http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=36370.15 heres a fuel contorler for 110 obo. i bet he whould take 90 for it. i mean if you whould not rejet a carb bike with a slipon when you dont need to buy a fuel controler. but is it worth possable blowing your hole engine over 100 bucks?

Old 05-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey, whats up with the Lexx on your rappy? I do have one on mine, machine is still new. Now i'm wondering if i need a programmer.... I'm sure i do. Mine popped on deceleration with stock exaust and still does with Lexx installed. Can somone suggest a brand of programmer?? and how to set it up(in basic terms) I'm sure I should i switch back to stock muffler & wait till I get a programmer. Cam somone let me know what is best to do here, thanks....

Old 05-06-2009, 11:31 PM
Range Rover

okay to clear up all confusion... i have a full exhaust on my yfz and did not have the programmer for about a week and it ran perfectly yes it was a little lean probably but the fuel injection was able to handle it my friend has a raptor 700 and put a full big gun on his bike and ran for a year with no problems at all. i personally with my experiences think that it would be perfectly fine to run without it if your looking to go just for sound. However it could make a difference on how long your machine lasts im sure it would last several years running how it will but im kind of a neat freak and would want to make sure that my quad was running perfect but i personally think that you will be fine but would recommend the programer as a precaution and as for the programmer go with power commander it provides maps for specific add ons for every quad and also alows you to adjust the fuel on the fly when your riding. very easy to install

Old 03-28-2010, 10:00 PM
Weekend Warrior
Unhappy

I just put on a dual exhaust on my 07 raptor 700 I also put on a programmer. I took it down the block and could notice a major difference in power! When I came back I my raptor died and wouldn't start. I noticed the settings on the programmer were all turned up to 10, so I lowered them and got my raptor running pretty good. I put it away and a week later I went out and started it and it took a minute but it started. I went out a couple of hours later and it wouldn't start and I still can't get it started. Anybody have any ideas what is happening?

Old 03-29-2010, 05:03 PM
Range Rover

What programmer do you have? I am assuming with the settings you spoke about it is a dobeck style controller and if it is, then all 10's you would have been running way rich and probably fowled the plug.

Old 02-16-2018, 05:50 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have this exact setup on my 08 and so far it runs great was just told not to put on the K&N until after I receive the fuel programmer. But I am open to other opinions. I have not ran it in the sand yet just up and down the street I think that it’s only really bad on your bike if you run it for a long period of time without the programmer. What do ya’ll think?

Old 02-17-2018, 03:57 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 301 Likes on 295 Posts

A while ago an eppisode of "Wheeler Dealers" was on TV. Mr. Brewer bought an expensive performance exhaust for a car they were "fixing." Mr. China put it on, and they took it to a rolling road. Result, much less power than the standard car was rated at. Only when the rolling road man re-mapped the system did power go well over standard.

Old 02-17-2018, 04:56 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Edd China,one top notch tech.. Didn't miss an episode when he was there. Not that impressed with Ant Anstead so far.

Quick Reply: Raptor 700 pipe question