Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Hauck Performance Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hauck Performance Clutch

51 on pavement, ill go out to the farm this week end and test it on the gravel road and get back to ya

Old 03-20-2008, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider

i'm thinking the only benifit of having a new one shiped to you is that it decreases the down time. it all depends on when i get around to tearing into it to see what i'm going to do. i'm in the middle of moving so it's kind of a pain in the ***

Old 03-24-2008, 05:33 PM
Range Rover

Well I got my sheave back friday and installed it. First run was 53, 2nd run was 55 but the dreaded clicking noise caught up with me so I pulled it back off and found the problem and fixed it. I also noticed the spacers in the cap on the sheave allowed a gap and all my grease had blown out and into my cover...

For anyone installing this kit you will need to grind off the tabs inside the aluminum cage around your sheave before installing it. It's the first thing that comes off once you pull your side cover off. If you look inside it right where the screws on the sheave cover go there's 4 little nubs of aluminum from the casting process that need to be ground flush so they won't rub when you put the spacers in. The bottom end is impressive and even the little gain in topend was great considering most mods that boost lowend kill your topend...not this one!

Old 03-28-2008, 01:36 AM
Trailblazer

Whats a sheave?

Old 03-28-2008, 02:11 AM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Deviltrigger1

Whats a sheave?</end quote></div>

In a nut shell.. it's the dry side of the clutch.. it allows the belt to spread open more and allow the rollers down further.. giving more top end and bottom end.

basically the same set up as the wolverines

http://www.arcticchat.com/foru.../index.php/t69034.html

Old 03-28-2008, 02:20 AM
Trailblazer

Thx Eimajz , that was fast.

Old 03-28-2008, 02:29 AM
Trailblazer

I thank the company with $400 +/- a share.... google LOL

Old 03-28-2008, 04:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

well im new to the whole wolverine and cvt thing lol last time I rode a quad before last summer was when I was 14.... lol and im almsot 26 now and I have to say my wolvy is a blast and as soon as I get my tax money im gettin a few things for it ... my question is .... the epi clutch ... since I dont do a lot of top speed runs at least on the trails we ride ... would the epi be a good choice or is it the machiing all the way for you guys ???

Old 03-28-2008, 05:36 PM
Range Rover

I'd go with the Hauck machine work before a clutch kit. It's a lot easier to do and much cheaper too. The mods I have on my Wolverine cost less than $225 and it's a huge improvment over stock.

Old 03-29-2008, 12:08 AM
Trailblazer

All I know is after the Hauck clutch work, I gained a lot more bottom end torque. I took mine out last weekend and hit a long straight and got it up to 57-58. It was plenty fast for what I need it to do. I do more trail riding and really wanted to get more bottom end out of it and so far it has lived up to the "hype".

I do question one thing ss454 mentioned was the grease blowing out into the cover. I haven't pulled the cover off mine to see what kind of mess I have underneath the cover, but, I wonder what kind of ill effects this may have on it?

No grease on the rollers or grease slinging somewhere other than the rollers doesn't seem too good.

Am I overlooking something?

Quick Reply: Hauck Performance Clutch