Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

My Name Says It All

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2001, 04:19 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"HONDA SALES REP" pretty original... NOT!!!! All I have ever owned is yamaha, so take your post and delete it... CT built,,,nice,,, how much did you spend...???/ $1000,??? maybe more??? Real good bro... now that you've spent that much, what are you going to do with,, go to comp hill and race??? I sure the hell hope so,, I hope you race that raptor into the ground.... and you post your results on this web page, and please be honest..... Those of us who know what these bikes can and can't do, we already know what your results will be. You will be those stockers and boy will you feel good about yourself won't you???? You bet you will,,, then those locals will roll up,,, and they will say, actually they will yell,,, "Hey raptor,,, get over here,,, lets go,,,,lets race!!!!!" You know what its like,,, everybody wants a piece of the new guy on the block,,,, and then you will race and they WILL get a piece of the new guy. Those built 2 strokes and drag bikes,,, man our raptors just don't belong there man... Its out of our league.... So keep building away,,, and don't forget all of your GYT-R parts, so you can make your toy look really "CUTE".. That way you can at least say, "Oh well, at least it looks cool", when your following all of those bikes back down the hill, that just walked you up it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-17-2001, 04:51 PM
Trailblazer

ok, i dont think it has anything to do with the quad. i think that the raptor is a great atv. and i am a honda fan all the way, never owned any thing else. i have ridden a buddies raptor, didnt think anything was wrong with it, i thought it was great. so i think thats its not the quad, its the rider( he claims to be ridng for 16 years, and cant even tune the bike, yea right, my ***) i have neva heard some talk such **** about a raptor, or almost any other quad before in my life. either the guy who wrote this post, is not even a raptor owner, he prolly rides another brand quad, and is jealous of the raptor so wrote this post to try and put it down.

Old 01-17-2001, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider

Okay, here's the truth...
I really, really miss the 2-stroke yank of my LRD piped shee. I don't miss gas mixing, no reverse and kickstarting.

Also, there's no dunes around here, so you have 2 choices. 1) Build a mx bike or 2) Build a woods (cross-country) bike.

With my stock Raptor, I've raced what was known to be the fastest Banshee around and one that is always the fastest on the back stretch at the MX races. I didn't get revved out in 5th gear to find out, but in all other gears I wound the banshee's clock. I was just sitting there, racing and thinking, "Man, I don't feel that fast, but I keep passing this Banshee in every race, so I must be!"

A highly built 'shee may still rule the dunes, but it's gonna take a very spectacular Banshee to beat it or stay close to it in the woods when both machines are set up for that type of terrain.

Old 01-17-2001, 04:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

I CAN SAY ONE THING. A YEAR AGO THE 400 EX WAS WINNING EVERY SINGLE HARE SCRAMBLE HERE IN FLORIDA. ALL YOU COULD SEE IS RED AT THE FRONT OF THE LINE. NOT ANYMORE! RAPTORS ARE KICKING BUTT SO BAD THAT THE BANCHEE AND EX BOYS WANT TO BE IN THEIR OWN CLASS. A BANCHEE HAS NOT WON A SINGLE RACE IN 2 YRS. I OWNED A BANCHEE BUILT BY MIKE LEE RACEING( WORLD RECORD HOLDER)AND I WOULDNT TRADE MY RAPTOR FOR TEN OF THEM. IF YOUR MOD. RAPTOR IS GETTING SMOKED BY A STOCK ONE , I THINK IT'S ABOUT TIME TO LOOK FOR A NEW TECH. BY THE WAY I'LL TRADE YOU MY 2000 MIKE LEE BANCHEE FOR YOUR RAPTOR. PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOU MOUTH IS!

Old 01-17-2001, 05:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

YEA BUT YOU HAVE TO ADMIT. YOUR BUILT SCREAMING EX STILL WONT RUN WITH THE STOCK RAPTOR. BE HONEST.

Old 01-17-2001, 05:22 PM
Trailblazer

Ditto J. However, if ihatemyraptor really owns one, hates it, and wants to get rid of it soooo bad, I'll buy it for $2000. Why would Yamaha build a brand new bike from the ground up. Why would anyone think Yamaha is trying to create a sham. No one makes money on shams.

85 ATC200X Clean
92 Timberwolf Mean

Old 01-17-2001, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider

That's not what I have seen locally, so far anyway...

Not that I am criticizing but Banshee is spelled with an SH. I would think any serious Banshee owner would know that.

BTW, I looked at the FTR series and here's what I found for the 4 stroke A class - last 3 races for the 2000-2001 Season - reperesenting races run from November to current. Looks like a sea of 400EX's still dominating.

Sleigh Ride

Quad4stkA
1DaveAnderson8Hon41:17:5550
2DougMcCard39Hon41:21:5547
3CharlesHolzschulhex55Hon41:21:5745
4MarkKunkel44Hon41:22:0943
5LennyKetchum23Hon41:22:2441
6WayneLippard6Hon41:27:4940

Suwanee River:

QUAD4STKA
1DougMcCard39Hon41:14:3450
2DaveAnderson8Hon41:16:0347
3MarkKunkel466Hon41:17:1545
4CharlesHolzschulhex55Hon41:17:3343
5WayneLippard6Hon41:18:4441
6LennyKetchum23Hon41:20:1040
7JustinSavoie12Yam41:22:0339

Scramble-Ween
QUAD4STKA
1DaveAnderson8Hon30:50:1650
2DougMcCard39Hon30:50:1947
3JustinSavoie12Yam30:51:2345
4LennyKetchum23Hon30:52:2843
5WayneLippard6Hon30:53:1241
6JohnDawson2Hon30:53:1440
7ToddWeis7Hon30:54:2839

Old 01-17-2001, 06:11 PM
Trailblazer

you put dual intakes?it already has dual intakes,pipes and jetting?already had multiple pipes and multiple jetting changes?and you don't do any work yourself?yeah right,go back to the kawasaki mule forum and don't bother us in here again you are a loser and you just want tho see how many replies you could get, if you owned a raptor which i doubt you do you wouldn't have posted this,you probably own a cali model,or to tell the truth you don't have any raptor, so lock this forum up ,before i come back in here and slay you

Old 01-17-2001, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider

Dude

I raced a banshee that was modified and beat him several times..maybe you got a lemon but i telll you what my bike kicks butt!! And all i have done was put a white bros pipe on it

raptor 2001 blue

Old 01-17-2001, 06:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

"SLAY ME". I would pay money to see that,,, This is why I don't mess with forums, see, you people automatically think I'm trying to pull something over on you... I'm not, I'm not a Honday owner, I own my own raptor. I thought it would be a great bike so I bought one. Yes I've been riding for awhile, most all of us have, for that long or even longer, but just because I've been riding for that long does not make me a professional, it does not make me a mechanic. It makes me someone who enjoys this sport enough to stick with it for so long. So take your put down posts and your flames about how I don't know jack and shove them. I never said I was anything above an average day joe rider, I just am sick of hearing about how bad these are. They really aren't and thats my point. Quit trying to boast so much about what you beat this weekend and give honest information that can help us people who are stuck. If you haven't already figured it out, thats where I am at. I'm stuck. I have an $9000 investment in something I thought was going to be the very best. Not a contender, but the very best. And I was wrong. Listen, you can all bash me, tell me that I know nothing, whatever you want, but it gets you no where. All that it really does is prove you guys are insecure about yourselves and probably your bikes. So the bashing stops now before you take it to far .. understood... and my riding partners who are also on this site this very minute will back me up on this, so be careful what you say, ...... They ride with me every weekend, they see the way the bike runs, the problems I've had. I've been to about there different tech. shops, each one spoken for as being the "best 4 stroke shop" and each one has attempted different things, none of which has worked. So to all of you sitting there reading my post, jawing about how stupid or full of it I am, well the feeling is mutual, I hate your guts just as much as you hate mine, and for those of you going through the same thing I am, I feel for you, but hang in there and be patient, sooner or later we will figure these bikes out. I apologize for talking so harsh about yamaha, but understand I am a very competitive person, I like to be the ONE, and I'm not with my raptor. I wanted something new and different, something to be the fast guy on the block, and I am not. I felt it was time somebody, yes "A RAPTOR OWNER" put something down like this to stop the "my raptor beat the banshee and so on". I wanted to make a strong statement and I think I did. Now that its out, lets see what happens???????