Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

SERIOUS ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SERIOUS ??

What kind of quad do you have? Im still assuming a Raptor or Warrior because you said originally a 350. They dont have reeds and as far as I know there is no stage 3 Hotcam for them. A bigger piston wont do anything unless you are going to resleeve and go to a big bore piston not just an overbore size. The jet kit filter and exaust wont make enough difference to make use of both a smaller rear and bigger front sproket.

If I had bucks and it was that important to me to make a Warrior/Raptor outrun a CR125 Id check out the piston,cam,valve spring kit Alba sells or something similar, go 2 sizes up on the front sproket, get some real good tires, take off everything on the quad that you can do without, go on a diet, practice your holeshots, skip breakfast and take a dump before the race. You should beat him then.

Old 03-28-2008, 05:20 PM
Trailblazer
Default SERIOUS ??

i don't know too much about the raptor 350's yet (don't know anyone that has one). as far as a warrior against a cr 125, 2 ways to win...1; hope the guy on the cr 125 is a complete moron and doesn't know how to ride or 2; NOS for the warrior.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:30 PM
Trailblazer
Default SERIOUS ??

Generally, I have seen dirtbikes completely take the quads. but, however, I was once drag racing a ltz400 against a Suzuki 350DR (im sure the on/off road deal makes a difference) on a 1/8 mile strip. We pretty much came out even every time. Sometimes i would take him and sometimes he would get me but it was always reaaally close.

Now a different time i was on my lt230s against a kx80 (bored to i believe 110) on a larger strip and we would be pretty even off the bat then around 4th gear he started to take me and once i got pinned on 5th, he still had that extra 6th gear and completely tore away from me. I think the fact that a lot of bikes have that 6th gear makes a difference too.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:40 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Default SERIOUS ??

Tune in on your TV and watch a 125 motocross race,and try to even imagine a 450 sport ATV trying to keep up let alone a 350.

Old 03-30-2008, 01:35 AM
Pro Rider
Default SERIOUS ??

ahh motocross is a different animal than drag. there are a bunch of reasons why dirtbikes are faster..just get used to it and have fun...i hear atv's do pretty well on the supermoto circuit tho..

Old 04-01-2008, 08:29 AM
Pro Rider
Default SERIOUS ??

i'm just surprised that this guy has kept this going for this long. who cares about beating a 125. you're trying to compare apple to oranges. they are differnt vehicles made for differnt things. if you have money on some bet kick the dude in the ***** really hard and hope it throws him off his game.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:50 AM
Pro Rider
Default SERIOUS ??

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: goodling14

seriously.. can sumone answer my ?.. this is a serious ?.. why is it that dirt bikes top out faster than quads.. even if the quad is a 350.. and your going against a 125 cr..?? y is it.. is it just bc of the wayy biggerrr sprocket.. or wht?? can sumone please let me no?</end quote></div>

Since you had the need to ask this same question in two different topics.. here is my Answer yet again...

The answer is a big NO!! When you start spending $$$ to modify just to win a drag race is border-line completely silly... Please don't waste your money.. is it REALLY that important to beat your Friend in a drag? I am sure you are a kid / teenager - so you have the need / desire to beat your friends.. but at what cost? You start heavily modifying that Warrior... next thing you know it the thing is junk because you are putting that much extra stress on all the components, etc..

Dirtbikes will win the battle ALL DAY LONG

Do use all a favor and don't spend $$$$ on that Warrior..