Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

BANSHEE OR?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 01:20 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BANSHEE OR?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]Man It must just be me,I have 2 EX 400,s and sold a 660rap,after I bought a 2004 Banshee,Agreeded the banshee is old shool but I just love to ride it.I didn,t like the way the Raptor handeled at all,Top heavey, and and the front would dip down on a jump.The 4 stokes are great,depenable machines,and I like the ex400,s a-lot. When I got the shee I wasnt really impresed with the power,or the sound Stock!!!!!!!!!!! But after a few mods,it,s not the same quad.I really like the way it handles on Dirt-Desert Riding over the Honda,s and the Raptor.I guess it just depends on the person riding Likes&Dislikes and what your doing with them.And I still had the Raptor with a few mods on it when I put the shee back togather after I had the jugg,s bored&ported&FMF fatty,s and silencers,cool head&Domes and running145psi compression,Hot Cdi box,K&N slip-on filters,tor,s removed and went down a tooth on the front sprocket,Then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it would eat the Raptor UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Granted it wont take the beating a 4 stoke will, and you have to know it,s limit,s and it helps if you can work on it yourself.I think as long as there,s Old Guy,s around you will see the old school Banshee,e Tail-lites once in awhile!!!IMHO!!!!!!!!!!! Eddie.

Old 03-31-2008, 04:05 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default BANSHEE OR?

here is the deal. How on earth does anybody believe a 700 four stroke or even worse a 510 cc four stroke could ever run with a screaming two stroke? Yes the banshee frame and suspension is out dated. However when a KTM 520 motorcycle barely pulls away from me how do you think adding 150 lbs would make the quad faster? it just isn't gonna happen. If you spend the money on a good after market set up (frame and suspension components). You will have one of the best set-ups possible. So far the only option for me that would be a true upgrade would be a KX or CR 500 motor in a new style frame like the yfz450. Even a KTM 620 motor would be a riot. Anyway for those of you that have thumpers who think they can run with a Banshee in a drag race, keep dreaming. They both have there places. In all out acceleration you CAN"T beat the Banshee!!!!

Old 03-31-2008, 04:34 PM
Trailblazer
Default BANSHEE OR?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]Oh,I forgot to mention I put a advancing plate& 200 Watt stator and battery set-up on my shee and run a+4 advance,I will not run it at WOT in 6th gear,I am not sure how fast it will run Top-Out but it will walk away from a 700 Raptor!!!! Been there Done It.!!!!!!!!!! Cuse I am 50+ years old and have Tasted that Dirt a-few times, it called Soil-Testing!!!!!!!!!!! U young-In,s can do that researh if U want too!!!!!!!!!! I dont Like IT. Just give me about a half mile of Flat Desert soil and I am happy.I like to Ride the Desert at Nite and needed the liting upgrade. U-All-Have -FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eddie.

Old 03-31-2008, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BANSHEE OR?

91 shee?? Are you sure that antique could even make it to the finish line lol..I love these 2smoker fanitics,you guys are sooooo 20 years ago,time to grow up people..

Old 03-31-2008, 05:31 PM
Trailblazer
Default BANSHEE OR?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]Hay Todd, I just love to catch guy,s like you out at the desert, Dragging and think just like You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Makes taking there MONEY real EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Problem is most of them dont have any,they still making payment,s on them $10.000.00 new Quads, Latter.

Old 03-31-2008, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default BANSHEE OR?

stock for stock a 525 and a 700r WILL outrun a banshee, but modded the banshee is a hell of a machine. but ive only seen stock shee's in real life, but i stomped one in wagon wheel on pavement. it was a good challenge but i was the faster...

Old 03-31-2008, 07:53 PM
Trailblazer
Default BANSHEE OR?

sorry for blowin' up on the last post. i am not talkin down banshees, i just happen to have a bunch of ******** that ride around my area that think a banshee could beat a top fuel dragster. ya know, the kind of people that think 4 strokes are worse than hemroids. you can see where i get my pissed off attitude from. i'm not puttin banshees down, i just hate when people talk ****. it feels that much better you beat people like that. banshees are cool...we're all bothers on TEAM BLUE

Old 03-31-2008, 09:21 PM
Range Rover
Default BANSHEE OR?

Agreed, and stock for stock yeah maybe ill give in on the rappy 700 but i havent rode the 525 but want to, damn they are getting good power from these 4 strokes , hopefully some day a little close to the output of 2-stroke, and BTW you can run WOT in 6th but once you top it out just blip the throttle, holding it WOT for more then say 1 mile and your can do some damage depending on your set up

Old 03-31-2008, 10:15 PM
Trailblazer
Default BANSHEE OR?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ich4bdm

Before anyone else gets all upset that , god forbid, a banshee actually lost a race, i'm only repeating what the guy i raced told me. i don't know if he was lying about some of the mods but some of the obvious things i could see (pipes, suspension, etc.). i'm also glad people remind me of the huge piece of crap i bought. i guess i'll have to start racing against skateboards or pedal bikes.</end quote></div>

Lets not forget the old suzook Quadzilla when it came out it spanked a banshee in a drag race all day long stock to stock

Old 03-31-2008, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default BANSHEE OR?

ahh, the old zilla, yeah it beat everything stock for stock. man i wish they still made them things....

Quick Reply: BANSHEE OR?