Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

i just wanna gripe

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2001, 12:27 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a raptor and well i havent had any problems with the raptor and the dealership rocks but what i have had problems with is the people that i got the yamaha loan through but well here is my story and well i just have to gripe to some one

ok i got my raptor in nov and well i was never sent the bill so i thought well maybee the dealership didnt get the paper work sent through or something and that i would get my first bill in dec well i was wrong i guess i should have called but i lost there number so when i got the dec bill not only did i have the nov bill but the dec charge and a late charge and well rather than working with me they bacicly say tough so i was like ok ill just pay the one bill on my checking account and the other on a credit card and well they dont take credit cards so well i guess when ever i catch up from christmas (end of this month) im gonna say forget them and pay the hole thing off but well what gets me is the only reason why i didnt just wait till after christmas and by the thing flat out is i wanted to work on my credit a bit and well i dont know all i know is they are hacking me off

whats even worse is i talked to my cousin who got a raptor shortly before me and well tehy are going through the same thing and well if your late on a payment they up your intrest rate and also charge 25 bucks and the thing that hacks me off is it was either thiers or the post office who caused the problem and well i got to pay for it errgg im just hacked off

Old 01-19-2001, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider

What "relief" do you want?

That is, what would make you happy in your Yamaha financing agreement and payment schedule?

Diogenes

Old 01-19-2001, 09:35 AM
Trailblazer

well i was just going here to vent cause i was and still am alittle hacked off about how every thing was handled and well it dont make it better that the pip-squeek on the phone acted like i didnt have one red cent to my name and was going to skip out on my loan but well soon i wont have to worry about how the company is treating me cause well i sold some stocks i had and soon im cashing out the loan so i wont have to deal with the company any more

Old 01-19-2001, 09:48 AM
Pro Rider

Who did you finance your quad with? Was it through Yamaha?
I too have a gripe with Yamaha financing. When I bought my quad I was told that I could pay off the quad at any time with no penalty. Well, that's true sort off. If I have all teh money I can pay off the loan. What bugs me is that in the summer I make alot more money than I do in the winter, so last summer I wanted to make some lump sum payments on the quad. Yamaha doesn't allow that. Oh, they will take all the money that I want to give them, but they won't apply it to my loan. They'll simply take my payments out of the lump sum that I give them instead of my bank account. So they'd get the interest on the money I give them, and I wouldn't save any interest on my loan.
I really think this is criminal. If they wanted to charge me an administration fee for making a lump sum payment I could understand it, but this is clearly a tactic to designed to make it harder for people to pay down their loans.
I may, one day buy another Yamaha, but I'll never go through them for financing, and I'll discourage everyone I talk to from doing it too.

Old 01-24-2001, 11:15 AM
Trailblazer

yes i did go through yamaha and well i should have my money from some stocks that i sold and will pay them off today or possibly tommorro and well ill let ya know if i have any problems paying them off but well next quad i get i can assure you im not going through yamaha again

Old 01-24-2001, 11:41 AM
Range Rover

I had similiar problems w/ Polaris financing.... they sent my 2nd bill out 3 weeks late. I got it and had 2 days to get my payment in. Of course it was late and they charged me $25 AND bumped me up to 22.9%. Sheesh! I complained but ultimately my best remedy was to transfer the full amount of the loan to a low interest credit card and then pay it off in a year. If this is not possible, you can always transfer it to another low interest credit card (in the 2-6%) and do it again. There are also low interest credit cards that will allow you to keep the same interest rate until the balance transferred is paid off. They are usually in the 8-10% range.
Give it a try, it worked for me.

In the future, don't be late with payments....a hard lesson to learn but any creditor will bump your rate up if given the slightest chance. Call them if you haven't received your monthly statement and ask for the persons name you are speaking with. This will establish a record of you contacting them and will help you if there any further disputes over monthly payments. The next quad I buy will be paid for in cash or I won't buy another.....oh who am I kidding? LOL

Old 01-24-2001, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider

The yamaha financing is just like a regular credit card. There is a minimum monthly payment. If you wish to make a larger payment what you need to do is right out two checks. Make one with the monthly payment and the other one for however much more you wish to pay. On that check right for balance only. Then it will be directly applied to the balance and no interest will be taken out.

Trending Topics

Old 01-24-2001, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah i am fed up with Yamaha finacing as well..Same sh*t happened to me too. I even fed-exed the damn payment. Now i am up to 17.9 percent. What credit card did you get? i want to transfer my balance over ASAP

YAmaha finacing is a bunch or crooks

Raptor 2001 Blue

Old 01-24-2001, 03:33 PM
Range Rover

Kawasaki credit is the same. I financed a Jet Ski through them a couple of years back and found that out. It seemed so unfair that I did a "balance transfer" onto one of my credit cards just so I could take the business away from Kawasaki. I am sure they couldn't have cared less, but it made me feel better!

Old 01-24-2001, 03:49 PM
Trailblazer

never go through a dealerships own financing like yamaha or any other. yamaha offererd me the 17.9 or whatever and i went to my local bank and got a 10% simply interest loan which i can pay towards the princapal at any time. i feel your anger buddy i think that it is a complete ripoff with the high interest rates and payment problems. they want you to buy there products but they dont want to help you get one. buy the way it is harder to get financed through yamaha than your local bank

Quick Reply: i just wanna gripe