Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Anyone put sand paddles on a Wolverine?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone put sand paddles on a Wolverine?

Hello,
I just joined this forum because it looks like a lot of you guys have a ton of knoweledge on the Yamaha Wolverine.I just picked up a 2008 450 last month,and have started looking at possible upgrades for it.Since I live in Vegas,I do have the chance to ride in the sand dunes whenever I want.I can actually get to them about 15 minutes from my workplace.I've been having a lot of fun with the stock tires,but can see some paddles (at least rear) could be a big improvement.However,I've been looking into a set of paddles and wheels,and wow,because of the Wolverine's wheel size,it's quite a bit more costly than other bikes.Has anyone here been able to put a set of paddles on their Wolverine for less than seven hundred dollars(the ballpark figure I've been quoted from 2 local dealers?Thanks

Old 04-12-2008, 11:32 PM
Range Rover

i just bought a set of skat track edges for my 07 wolverine.....they are 23 inch by 10 wide and fit on stock rims......i have not used them yes as i live about 9 hours from the dunes,but have a trip planned for the end of the month....i was talking to a guy with skat track's on his and he said it is a wicked improvement ofr the wolverine....i paid 23o bucks for my rears....and will use the stocks for the front.....you can get rims much cheaper than what your being quoted....i paid 600 for wheels and tires for the same atv....look on ebay.....ebay is your freind.....do a little research on paddles ... i heard there are some really crappy ones out there....size was the hardest thing to deal with for paddles...hard to find 23 inch..

if i get time one day soon i will take a couple pictures with them on and post..

good luck...

Old 04-12-2008, 11:58 PM
Trailblazer

there is some Skat-Trak Terrain-Trak tires on rockymountainatvmc.com that i think u might like. i seen that u have all terrain stock tires on and u said u like them, well the tire that i'm telling u about are a paddle bar that is great 4 sand, mud and hard surface and will run u under $200.

Old 04-13-2008, 12:04 AM
Trailblazer

u know what i'm sry i might of lied to u, they might not have them in that size. shows what i know lol

Old 04-13-2008, 12:30 AM
Range Rover

ohh by the way... another thing to keep in mind buying paddles is how many paddles you want on the tire....i went with eight...guy i was talking to had ten and said that was too much...so 6 to 8 is where i would think would work for the power of the 450

Old 04-13-2008, 01:16 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the info.I was over on Rocky mountain ATV,and put my bike into their search mode,and they came back with tires that were 22".I couldn't even find 23" tires.Is that size difference anything to worry about?THanks