Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

dont know what to do

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 12:32 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dont know what to do

i really want a yfz 450, but cant find one for a reasonable pirce in my area(chico california). so i am considering something smaller? any ideas? and would it be worth downsizing? i am 6'2 and 190lbs. could i make osmething smaller as fast as the yfz? or should i wait it out? thanks for all the input thanks

Old 04-20-2008, 03:40 AM
Range Rover

I'm 6'2" and I fit better on a raptor myself but in any case if you want a 450 I wouldn't get anything smaller. I would rather wait than buy a bike I'm not going to be happy with. just for the hell of it try sitting on a raptor you may like it better and they have reverse, yfz's don't

Old 04-20-2008, 01:56 PM
Range Rover

i would have to agree with viper5. 2 years ago i wanted a 450 but that price tag shocked me. so i saw a raptor in the local paper saw it and liked it. other buddies of mine have the 450 and they only leave me in a drag race. but at the end of the day i am happy with the raptor. plus like viper said, it has reverse.and one more thing, i rode the 450 few times and it is a bumpy ride compaired to the 660 isnt. but i hope you buy something you like. good luck.

Old 04-20-2008, 01:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

There is NO WAY you should get anything smaller. I used to have 2 YFZ's and loved them. I would for sure recommend waiting until you can afford the YFZ and not get anything smaller. You would have to put a lot of money into anything smaller to even come close to the YFZ. But if you are doing mostly trail riding, i would say go with the Raptor. Way more comfortable to sit on all day.