Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Does anybody ever extend their swingarms?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2001, 11:18 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys (and ladies),
I am a new subscriber to the forum and have a couple questions for all of you doing performance mods to your Blasters. I have been reading some of the things being done to your quads, and I have yet to see anybody saying they have extended swingarms. You are widenig your stance with aftermarket A-arms and axles, but not extending your wheelbase. The wheelbase is too short as it is and then you add a 240 kit. How the hell do you keep the wheels on the ground? I can't even keep the wheels on the ground now, and all I have done so far is a Graydon Proline race pipe and reed spacer, K&N filter, holeshots all around, and an oil inj. blockoff. Every time I see pictures of blasters, I never see ONE with an extended swingarm. I plan on extending mine a minimum of three inches, as well as +2/+1 forward A-arms. That combined with spacers and wider axle will not only look mean, but it will squat low (with my custom Axis shocks) and wide like a 250R and be much closer to the 250R's wheelbase. So all of you doubters out there give it a shot. You will be amazed at how much better your Blaster tracks on all kinds of terrain and keep you front wheels on the ground ! (where they belong) Please tell me I'm not alone ! All my friends have Hondas, and they all laugh at me with my little Blaster. But I will have the last laugh on the track with 250R's and 400EX's behind me when I get done. Don't let anybody discourage you about building a rad Blaster. Yamaha engines make a good amount of power out of the box. You just have to tweak them to see their full potential. I know Eric Trenga from Trenga racing, and he has a super powered Blaster that will eat anything on the track so keep the faith. There's a monster in that little engine just waiting to come out!

Old 01-20-2001, 12:23 PM
Trailblazer

read the mods of my blaster the monster is out my swingarm is being extended 4 inches by atv racing in phoenix right now

Old 01-21-2001, 11:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

hey Blaster 14,
How is your CT 240 kit? I see alot of people going with CT, I was curious why. Also, how hard was it disconecting the old carb with that wire that ties i to the wiring harness? I know it has osmething to do with the idle because one time I left it disconected, and it wouldn't stay running unless I was o the throttle. How did you do it?