Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Why do you own a RAPTOR?.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2001, 03:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to know way you like your raptor, what you use it for, if any what are your dislikes.

The reason is you all seem to think your machines can do anything and I'm tired of arguing with you all.

Write what you want, I'm not going to say anything to bash your machine I only want to know what makes this machine so popular.

And I'll keep my scrambler out of it!!!

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400

Old 01-22-2001, 04:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

I've always had 2 strokes, R's & banshee's.I've been out of riding for 3 years.I've got 2 groups of friends that have quads.One group rides mainly in the hills the other's ride there banshee's in sand.I thought the Raptor would be the best for both.I thought I would have a little more power from stock,so I am a little dissapointed with that,but just like Harley's, 400ex and banshee's they all have to pass EPA tests to be legal.So I'm hoping with the right intake,jetting and pipe it will run like a raped ape.I know I can't win against the banshee's, they have had them for years and have done over 10,000 grand in mods, but they can't lose me.

Old 01-22-2001, 04:36 PM
Range Rover

Raptor owners: If you want to go that fast , buy a motorcycle!!!!!!! hehe

Old 01-22-2001, 04:40 PM
Pro Rider

I wanted the best of something, and after doing some checking, it seems you had the best Polaris ever made, so I had to try a different brand

No, seriously, I'm probably one of the most realistic Raptor owners on the forum. I realize it for what it is and for what it isn't.

Despite it's shortcomings, it has some points that are worth considering:

1) It's the ONLY high performance quad with reverse.

2) Although not perfect in any one field, it is very good all around.

3) Nice styling, most modern atv chassis made by Yamaha.

4) I've got a great dealer just 10 miles down the road which means I get better support for it if needed than I could for another hi-performance quad such as the DS650.

5) Lug-a-bility, easy to ride for just poking along if I desire and my wife can ride it to a certain degree.

6) It's something new and different (for now) than most quads out there. It fun to have the new toy.

7) It's one of, if not the quickest 4-stroke quads for sale.

8) It's the next best thing to a Banshee, if you go with a 4 stroke (see item 7)

9) Cause Yamaha told me it's the fastest atv ever to roam the earth (or something like that).

10) I'm lonely and it gives me something to talk to the fine polaris owners about...hehe... just kidding.

Couldn't really think of any other really witty reasons.

Why do you think we own one and why do you ask, are you contemplating trading in a star for a reptile?

Old 01-22-2001, 05:16 PM
Trailblazer

Im a beginner to the quad scene. I have ridden enduros and my 87-KX-250 on and off for
years. But 3 knee operations and many extra pounds later the wife told me to sell the
KX-250. She was worried that I would injure my self again. I agreed to sell it if I was
able to replace it with a quad, she agreed and hence the shopping began.

I immediately decided on a sport quad, 4-stroker hopefully less maintenance. Because of
my size, 275-300lbs, I am limited to basically one of 3 machines; ds-650, raptor, 400ex.

My cousin owns a 96-warrior and his brother owns a 2000-400ex with a big gun exhaust
and jetted.

I enjoyed the 400ex but I was hoping for just a bit more power. We also had some minor
problems with rocks; bending a skid plate, and puncturing a tire, I also bent the gear shift
lever with my toe. I would think that the 400ex would be a little bit more durable then
that. I do not race and I plan on keeping the raptor stock when I take delivery. I will be
riding in California; Carnegie State Park, Holster Hills and every where in-between. Thats
why I am buying a Raptor.

Old 01-22-2001, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider

Because I have done the mod 2 stroke thing to death.

Because it looks bad a$$ AND MATCHES my SS/T

Because its an advanced design.

Because of excellent frame geometry

Because It dosnt cost $10 TO Mix a tank of gas

Because it Handles like on a rail

Because Its fast and plush at the same time

Because I did all i could stand to make a fast Polaris 400 that beats banshees and wanted to go with A New Ride

Because of the I Was the first in the state to get one.

Because I love it to death.

Because I needed to blow some money and the DS I rode left me wedged between several trees, and it had the stumble upon launch syndrome. So I wanted a slimmer yet fast quad.

Because I regularly beat mod banshees until i wind out.

Whats wrong:
tires
skids are plastic
lights get condensation freeze and break
choke can freeze
I cant afford another one in blue
I smashed my hand and have 5+ weeks before i can ride it again

Old 01-22-2001, 07:25 PM
Pro Rider

Your kinda new here No2StrokeBs so you probably don't remember posts like "raptor vs. scrambler 400" or my posts to verious topics about the raptor.

During the time you registerd I was kicked off for the second time. It would of made sence if you did'nt see any posts made by me.

I can understand why you wrote your post the way you did but I did'nt write this topic to get bashed on as you could see from the posts above yours.

Believe me you'd know when I'm talking about the raptor in a "bashing fashion".

So lay off!!!

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400

Trending Topics

Old 01-22-2001, 07:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

I also own a 2000 Scrambler 500 4x4 and it is a fun and exciting machine and is tops in its class. Just recently acquired the Raptor and it is a great bike. It's fast, handles great, more power than my skill level allows, looks fantastic and is a fine way to get my heart started. Ride what you like, just ride. Happy trails.

Old 01-22-2001, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

NO ONE OWNS A DEALERSHIP!!!
I'M NOT EVEN SURE IF THIS IS THE GIRL I'M WILLING TO SPEND THE REST OF MY LIFE WITH.

AND FINALLY I'M NOT BASHING THE RAPTOR!!!

2000 SCRAMBLER 400 2X4

SCRAMDADDY400

Old 01-22-2001, 10:21 PM
Trailblazer

If you have gotten kicked out 2 times before you cant take a hint......But what do I know, I'm new here too. lol. I'll just fall into the mix "Raptor's rule, dude".

keep'em hanging in the wind!!!
2fast HA HE HE

Quick Reply: Why do you own a RAPTOR?.