Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior Tires

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 06:12 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warrior Tires

Ok so I need new Tires for my Warrior I dont have the stockers but i think what i have are worse the the stock one, were but i ride trails that are not always used
and cross creeks and very muddy conditions but then also flat as hell grass lands help me out i have no idea what i shod get

Old 05-22-2008, 07:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default Warrior Tires

I have studied and researched GBC Gator tires for the past 8 months now and they are great for both of our terrains. I also have to cross a creek bottom, drive on hard pack trail, and go through a mucky swamp. These seem to be great tires for almost every condition. It won't have as smooth of a ride as stock or sport tires, but they should be pretty darn comfortable at speeds above 5-8mph. I own a 2008 Suzuki Ozark and am planning to buy these Gators as soon as possible. If I were you, I would not buy a tire that is above 22 inches tall and 11 inches wide for the rear. These tires are supposed to have great hook up on all terrains so these would be my number one choice for your conditions. Kenda Bear Claws are also nice but to keep the power loss down to a minimum, I would go with Gators because they are not as heavy as the Bear Claws. This is the only reason I chose the Gators over the Kendas. I heard the Bear Claws would feel like I am carrying almost 40 pounds on my rear rack, that's alot of extra weight.

hope this helps!!!!

-----------------------------------------
2008 Suzuki Ozark
Gator tires coming soon

Old 05-23-2008, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider
Default Warrior Tires

I dont think I would want Gators on my Warrior but had them on the rear of my 2wd Bayou. Awesome in mud and water, only used my winch once in 2 years and it was a spot where the 4 wheel drives got stuck too. If your not going to go fast then they are great tires.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:38 AM
Pro Rider
Default Warrior Tires

alright, get kenda gnarlys or kenda klaws you wont be disapointed trust me, and there not very pricey

Old 05-23-2008, 05:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Warrior Tires

I had a set of Kenda Dirt Dogs on a 3-wheeler I used to have. I literally never got stuck with them. Of course, i had 25" in the back which was pretty big, but they did awesome. My cousin also ran them and they did great- and wear better than most. If you can handle the old school mud tire design, you can get them darn cheap. It's really not about being cool, it's about a great tire at a good price. They can laugh at your tires all they want, while you are passing them in the mud and trail....

I just put a set of Swamp Lite's on my 4-wheeler. They look awesome and have deep lugs. And are very good all around tires.

Otherwise, I'd suggest getting some basic 4-plys so it stays lighter- like 489's.

Old 05-23-2008, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default Warrior Tires

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TomM

I dont think I would want Gators on my Warrior but had them on the rear of my 2wd Bayou. Awesome in mud and water, only used my winch once in 2 years and it was a spot where the 4 wheel drives got stuck too. If your not going to go fast then they are great tires.</end quote></div>

Yeah I didnt think you'd want the Gators but thanks for the information about them. I was still concerned about how they did in mud because I have to cross a big swamp but now my mind is completely made up. Gators for me!!

I like the ITP Holeshot XCTs. My friend has them on his mojave 250 and they work great for some mud and definately dirt and rock. If your mud is sticky though like my swamp (to wear your tires slick over) than these are not what you want.

Old 05-24-2008, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default Warrior Tires

kenda gnarly tires are made just for rough "Gnarly" terrain look em up there good good tires for pretty cheap

Old 05-24-2008, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default Warrior Tires

I just put a set of kenda knarly's on the rear of mine, size 22/11/9's and they are awesome! I ride through just about everything too, hard pack, sand, rocky areas, lots of mud, water crossing and also on paved roads. they still look new after having them out 3 times already. they are 6 ply and don't feel any different than the stockers. you can still slide it around when you want too. next I will be getting a set of klaws for the front.

Old 05-24-2008, 09:22 PM
Trailblazer
Default Warrior Tires

Well what size for them then, not over 22" witch i believe are the stock size because we all know warriors suck for ground clearance and i dont want to lose any if at all possible i want the best of everything as everyone does handling, searing, hook up, traction in all surfaces

Old 05-24-2008, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default Warrior Tires

22 or 20s gnarly, klaws, or holeshot HDs best for your needsi believe but the gnarly tires are for more aggessive terrain, klaws are a mixture of all and holeshots are mainly racing but grip good everywhere also

Quick Reply: Warrior Tires