1. does fmf send the proper jet for their exhaust with the exhaust

2. if not thich size would be best

3. which air filter works best

4. what is the best way to clean my carb. what should i use how do i do it

Old 06-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blaster help quick

im not sure if there jet is right, most likely not...lol, best airfilter, make sure you get a clampstyle filter, my choice would be a K&N with an outerwear and make sure you get a kit that includes the billet adapter so your filter can directly clamp to your intake instead of resting in airbox...and i would try running with the lid off which might require you to play with jetting a little bit, as for cleaning carb you can use any basic carb clean, gas , or just hit it with airgun, but me personally i use berkebile 2+2 gumcutter works awesome i use it with the little straw and blow it threw all passages, pull jets out and spray it real good, make sure you DO NOT spray any rubber parts with carb cleaner as it will ruin them.

Old 06-05-2008, 06:51 PM
Trailblazer

so your saying fmf does send a jet but it probly wont work right lol and today i tried taking the carb off and i had it serperated from the top end n the funnel from the air box but i wasnt sure how to dissconnect it from the top part. is cleaning the carb easy because if its not and if i could really mess things up then i dont want to mess with it i mean i have the patients to play with it just not the money if i mess it up lol

Old 06-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider

you have to unscrew the big cap on top that has the throttle cable coming through and im just saying the jet might not be the right size cuz thats just my luck with those things, but you never know, as long as you pay attention to 1 thing at a time and try to remember how the parts came out, and also remove the rubber fuel bowl gasket, and dont soak a rubber part then your ok, just take your time, if you doubt your self then get somebody more knowledgeable to help you,but if i were you id just pull the carb off the engine and take the rubber gasket off and spray it real good with carb cleaner, spray in every little crevase that cud have a piece of dirt in it, then unscrew your jets and spray them out real good and put them back in snug not too tight.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Trailblazer

now about the air filter i was just on craigslist looking at yfz450's and this guy cut his airbox off so that if you took the seat off you would look straight to the ground and had on what looked like a k&n air filter that was almost the size of a car air filter how would that work in wet weather i thought you had to keep it dry

Old 06-05-2008, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

you should keep your airbox, but remove the lid to the airbox so that when you pull off the set you see the filter, also you use an outerwear which are like a pre-filter water repellant and youll be fine as long as you dont try to cross a river lol this is how it should turn out...few pics too help. Name:  G_25463G_SW_3.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  7.2 KB Name:  filter1.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  37.2 KB

Old 06-05-2008, 10:39 PM
Trailblazer

id go with a K&N air filter and i would get v force reeds instead of boysen

Old 06-05-2008, 11:17 PM
Trailblazer

this is the pic i seen

Name:  01010901040901031020080506529e79ecf.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  8.2 KB

Old 06-10-2008, 02:47 PM
Trailblazer

i went to a bike shop and asked if they sold jet kits for my blaster and told him i had an full fmf exhaust coming and he told me to put the exhaust on with the stock jetting and see if it back fires and to listen to where its coming from either the exhaust or air box i thought you were sapost to rejet with a new exhaust and i want to run an open air box what size would i need?

Old 06-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider

well sometimes you get lucky and might not have to rejet but with your lid off its gonna wanna use a bigger jet to feed that extra power gain, as for size im not sure about blasters youll just have to go to the shop and ask for like 3 sizes up from your stocks jets, but the easiest thing to do is just buy the jet-kit it comes with everything youll ever need for jetting your bike.

Quick Reply: blaster help quick