Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Does your spouse b*tch when you want to go ride?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2001, 09:03 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well my wife and 2 kids do alot of hiking.
but now one son is 8 and rides his blaster with me. so out of no where on a hike she says i would like to ride quads. my girlfriend
really dosnt look like the ATV type. but she dosnt care if i ride.

Old 01-25-2001, 09:24 AM
Range Rover

I ride because I'm new to the sport and I really enjoy it!

Hmmmm, I think the general consensus is that I should buy my wife an ATV. Letting her ride my Raptor would a bad idea, since she has no experience at all on any kind of ATV. But buying her one would also imply buying my 7 year old one as well. This new sport that I took up might end up costing me twice as much as I had orginally planned.

Someone should start a "Rider's Therapy Group" and "Riders' Spouse Therapy Group" :-)

Old 01-25-2001, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider

Yes, she sure does. And what gets me is I spend most of my time with her. There are so many men out there that leave their women at home while they go out partying, atving or what have you every weekend. I like doing some of the things that I enjoy in order to relieve stress. Yet when the wife b*tches about me doing something that I enjoy, that just adds to the stress. And if she is doing something that she enjoys that I don't care for I don't go around b*thcing at her. Hell, just about EVERY morning and EVERY night she is on the computer playing spades. I even told her before we got married that even though we would be married and doing couple things, that we are still individuals that sometimes have separate interests in life. And that we both should be able to enjoy our separate interests as long as we do things as a couple as well.

Old 01-25-2001, 09:46 AM
Pro Rider

p.s. Another reason I would like to get another quad is because I love nature. And so does my wife. Yet she doesn't like to walk to see it. So quads are a good way to get there.

Old 01-25-2001, 09:46 AM
Pro Rider

My chick has a 400ex and she loves it as much as I
do it bums her out when she can't go

Old 01-25-2001, 10:12 AM
Trailblazer

BlueReptile,
Iv been married 10 Years to "the wife", while maintaining a career in a profession
that has a 75% divorce rate. The key in any
sound relation ship is communication and
compromise. Take you spouse riding and
see if one of your buddies will let her ride their
quad. Do this several times, I speak from
experience. I bought my wife a big boy kx-80
because she was interested in riding with me. We thought it would be fun to ride together. Which she rode 3 times and it sat and collected dust for 7 years until I sold it. If your set on buying her a quad get a used one.

Old 01-25-2001, 10:51 AM
Trailblazer

i guess i'm lucky,my wife tells me to go rideing when she can see that i need some major stress relief after spending any where from 40 to 60 hours a week at work with a bunch of idiot,cry baby machine operators. after even takeing as little as a half an hour ride or plowing the drive way i feel much better! i guess she doesn't want to put up with a bad tempered bear like me when i donn't ride! the only thing she complains about is if i want to buy some thing for my quad, but i take care of that problem by getting her some thing too!

Old 01-25-2001, 10:55 AM
Range Rover

Here is my story. I have been married for 18 years (I am 37). When ny wife and I first meet she had a 100cc Suzuki street legal motorcycle. We sold it for a deposit on an apartment. In October of 2000 I bought my first quad. It was obvious that she wanted to get into it as well. So day afer Christmas I bought her a quad and my 6 year old son a XR50. Looking for an enclosed trailer to haul and camp out of. I will refinance the house to pay for it all and this will be our weekend getaways and vacation. What a way to go. And all for less than $100 a month.

And boy can she ride and looks good doing it
KD

Old 01-25-2001, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider

My wife never complained about me riding, but I thought it would be fun if she rode with me. So I went out, bought her a brand new quad. I brought it home on the trailer, told her I got a present for her. I made her close her eyes, walked her outside, and told her to open her eyes. She opened her eyes, and with a digusted voice, she said "that's it?" and went back in the house. We divorced shortly after.

Old 01-25-2001, 11:29 AM
Trailblazer

wife problems well with me i guess i have it good in a way cause well my wife likes me to ride for 2 reasons first off she is very money concious and she wants to make sure i get my moneys worth out of my raptor so i normally get to ride from about 1pm on sunday (after church) till sundown and secondly she knows how i get if i dont ride for a time bacicly i have a stessfull job and well this is my release and she likes that more than me playing everquest on the computer cause at least im getting some exercise (which i need more of)

but well dont get me wrong its not all good in my world also for 2 reasons 1 reason is i often cant find any one to ride with and my wife refuses to ride even when we have some one who will take the kiddo for free and well i dont think its very safe to ride alone and well there is no one to show off to any way and well the second problem is not a wife problem but well i dont know if its really a problem but ill tell yall and see what yall think but well i went back to the cycle shop to get some prices on some posible future mods and well i thought it would look cool to set my baby on one of the quads to see what he thought and well he started crying and well there was only 2 things he liked in the shop (yes im sadistic cause i put him on all the bikes as well as quads) but well he only liked the raptor and the venture so i dont know what i will do when he gets big enough to ride but im hoping his taste will change where he will actually like something tamer

Quick Reply: Does your spouse b*tch when you want to go ride?