Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.
View Poll Results: What should I do?
Do suspension/wheel/tire mods to the raptor.
0%
Buy an outlaw 525 and keep the raptor.
0%
Buy a TRX700XX and keep the raptor.
100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

At a bit of a turning point, need help.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 09:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default At a bit of a turning point, need help.

I bought my 03 raptor in 03, and loved every minute Ive rode it... BUT, the time I dislocated my right shoulder riding it, and the time I was thrown from the back seat of a 300ZX at 100MPH is starting to catch up to me...

I work outside on large industrial generators, which isnt easy work, so I need to keep myself in one piece for a while to come. The fiance and I ride at Tower City, PA at least 1-2 times a month... The rocky trails are starting to beat me up a little. I still like to ride hard, fast and jump still... I refuse to give it up for a while yet. What I was wondering was what all can I do to the suspension of this thing to give me a bit more forgiving ride??????????

I would also like to get a little bit more clearance for all the roots, rocks and ruts we ride through... I was wondering if anyone has put on say 23" tires and a longer swing arm or anything simular??? She has a KFX700 and it rides like a caddy, is fast as heck, and has a pretty nice amount of room under the rear diff to ride over stuff.

My other options are either the new Honda TRX700 OR Outlaw 525... I would like to get your input on these two bikes as well... I had REALLLLLYYYY considered the Renegade, but its 2K more than I wanna spend and as hard as I ride I am SOOO afraid of bending a frame on one of those things. If anyone could paraphrase the dirtwheels review on the shootout that I missed that would be GREAT!!! Can I get my tried and true 660 to ride anywhere near as nice as these and get a little more clearance??? I will never part with it, just need a new daily driver or over haul bassically. Thanks a bunch guys!!!!!!!!

Old 07-01-2008, 11:04 PM
Trailblazer

I don't think it is going to matter what you do to the raptor. It will still be a raptor. You could sink a bunch of money trying to make the raptor something it won't be, but I would invest in something that is already what you need. I don't know much about the two quads you mentioned but I am sure someone will have a great review up in just a bit.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:14 PM
Trailblazer

Here is another post about the KFX700 <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.atvconnection.com/messageview.cfm/catid/8/threadid/542527.cfm
">http://forums.atvconnection.co...adid/542527.cfm
</a>