Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Grizzly 550 FI EPS and Rhino 700 FI win 'Best of the Best' awards

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grizzly 550 FI EPS and Rhino 700 FI win 'Best of the Best' awards

It's clear your opinion is 100 percent bias. You try to make up any untrue fact that you can and than avoid them when proven wrong and try to find flaws in the magazines next. Come on man that's childish. You ride what you want and believe what you want but it's not true.

Old 09-06-2008, 09:58 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote> Notice that I'm just being fair when I pointed out that the Can Am did NOT have the skid plate protection of either the Grizzly or the King Quad.</end quote></div>

How am I being biased when I point out flaws IN THE MACHINE I RIDE? I'm not explaining the bias towards machines, I'm pointing out how biased magazines can be TOWARD specific machines. Mind you, this was just in ONE magazine article. I could go on and on for all the errors in every shoot out, but that could fill a whole other topic.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Also if you want your suspension more plush on a Grizzly you can set it so it is more plush.</end quote></div>

First off, It appears that you know less than nothing about suspension (which of course comes from reading too many ATV magazines). To say that you didn't know about suspension would at least be knowing something. You can not merely set the suspension to be more soft on the Grizzly or any other utility machine for that matter. Changing the preload does NOTHING to effect the ride quality, only the ride height. Unless of course, Yamaha has chosen to mount shocks on the Grizzly with high / low speed and rebound dampening adjustments or they use dual or triple rate springs on it and nobody told me about it or they've failed to mention it in their ads or wbesite. Simply changing the spring preload doesn't make the ride any softer on a machine, it just compensates for it's extra weight of things loaded on it's racks.

Yep, you're right. the Griz has a whole half inch more suspension travel than the Polaris. Big deal! The Arctic Cat has 1/2" more than that, but what about USABLE suspension travel? Here is a good video about usable suspension travel starring your favorite Grizzly: Project Grizzly

It may take a while to load, so be patient. If you don't believe me, believe this guy. He knows his stuff. He is also saying things that I know to be true as far as suspension is concrened One wonders why, if the suspension is SO good on the Grizzly, they even bothered to do a "project Grizzly" segment and spend $2400 on shocks for it? Hmm? Or using radial tires instead of the two ply "balloon" tires on it. Do you think that he might just know what he is talking about?

Old 09-07-2008, 05:01 PM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: MC Ballpeen

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote> Notice that I'm just being fair when I pointed out that the Can Am did NOT have the skid plate protection of either the Grizzly or the King Quad.</end quote></div>

How am I being biased when I point out flaws IN THE MACHINE I RIDE? I'm not explaining the bias towards machines, I'm pointing out how biased magazines can be TOWARD specific machines. Mind you, this was just in ONE magazine article. I could go on and on for all the errors in every shoot out, but that could fill a whole other topic.

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Also if you want your suspension more plush on a Grizzly you can set it so it is more plush.</end quote></div>

First off, It appears that you know less than nothing about suspension (which of course comes from reading too many ATV magazines). To say that you didn't know about suspension would at least be knowing something. You can not merely set the suspension to be more soft on the Grizzly or any other utility machine for that matter. Changing the preload does NOTHING to effect the ride quality, only the ride height. Unless of course, Yamaha has chosen to mount shocks on the Grizzly with high / low speed and rebound dampening adjustments or they use dual or triple rate springs on it and nobody told me about it or they've failed to mention it in their ads or wbesite. Simply changing the spring preload doesn't make the ride any softer on a machine, it just compensates for it's extra weight of things loaded on it's racks.

Yep, you're right. the Griz has a whole half inch more suspension travel than the Polaris. Big deal! The Arctic Cat has 1/2" more than that, but what about USABLE suspension travel? Here is a good video about usable suspension travel starring your favorite Grizzly: Project Grizzly

It may take a while to load, so be patient. If you don't believe me, believe this guy. He knows his stuff. He is also saying things that I know to be true as far as suspension is concrened One wonders why, if the suspension is SO good on the Grizzly, they even bothered to do a "project Grizzly" segment and spend $2400 on shocks for it? Hmm? Or using radial tires instead of the two ply "balloon" tires on it. Do you think that he might just know what he is talking about?</end quote></div>

You can't throw in a little sentence to cover for yourself and claim your being fair and unbias. You did it to try and prove a point but it doesn't matter your opinion is bias.

Dude it doesn't matter. The Grizzly provides a much better ride and most people like the suspension on a Grizzly better. End of story. The Polaris has a more powerful engine and in your opinion a better suspension (giving that one away for free even though it doesn't). That's still only 2 things......the quad can't be compared to the Grizzly. A Grizzly still outperforms it and outrides it and has much better reliability.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:11 PM
Trailblazer

I believe it does matter. Most people (including you) wouldn't know a good suspension from a bad suspension. The problem with people like you is that you take the written word of a magazine as if it were "THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO THE TESTERS AND EDITORS". You put FAR too much trust in these people.

But so be it. Since you trust the great ATV magazine gods, here's a quote from a shootout that was done in spring issue of this year by "ATV Magazine". By the way, this is one test that the Grizzly DIDN'T win (the Brute Force won it). It is taken word for word from page 40-41 with no edits.

" There is little to talk about with suspension action because it has mid pack performance - nothing fancy, and nothing either a glaring malady or cause of celebration. It just works, with the occasional bouncy feel that is mostly the result of the machines weight (the King Quad and Kawasaki have similar behavior). Heavier vehicles isolate bumps better and that's a fact be it ATVs or the Chevy model line up. Once in a while the Grizzly will bounce itself off course slightly, but rider control and manipulation over the machine weight is the effective countermeasure."

Here's another quote from the same article, page 45 about the Brute Force:

"The front end can bounce and swap, but only after cycling fast when taking repeatitive bumps. It never hops out of line and out test drivers favored the Brute's suspension over the Grizzly for both confidence and sporty trail driving. As a reminder, we rally around the Sportsman as the comfort champ. But the Brute nailed the middle ground between plush and responsive.

YET another quote from the same article, page 38:

The Outlander's terrific engine is well suited to faster trail driving and the suspension is up to the task, too. It's comfortable, scoring high in ride comfort from our test drivers, two of them placing it second behind the Sportsman for ride quality.

Whoa, mid pack performance?!?! I guess all the "magazine gods" you worship didn't get the memo that the Grizzly is SUPPOSED to have the BEST suspension, not MID PACK. I guess you have to take that as gospel now don't you? AFTER ALL, IT CAME FROM A MAGAZINE, and certainly they wouldn't possibly lie to you, now would they?

Old 09-11-2008, 01:39 AM
Trailblazer

I don't know why I clicked on this topic and now I feel even more stupid. A ways back someone stated we should all agree to disagree and move on. And still MC Hammer keeps blowing smoke up his rear port and thinking someone cares. I just wanted to inform him why the guys at Quad did not respond to his comments. MC, just read the crap you've been writing. You won't listen to anyone, you just want to argue, you won't grow mentally and why would they waste their time trying to communicate with someone who just wants to fight.

I don't even know why I wasted my and everyone who reads this time. I apologize to everyone who had the misfortune of reading this post. But for MC Claw, go back to anger management classes and for all or our sakes go back to looking at **** and not bulletin boards.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:59 AM
Trailblazer

olyguy12,

When the facts aren't on your side, resort to name calling. Right out of the democrat's playbook. My guess is that you'll try to shout me down next. If that fails, you'll resort to covering your eyes and say "I'm not reading your posts".

Remember sir, I was not the one who started the "name calling" and use of foul language. I was pointing out the facts as I knew them. Someone here got their panties in a bunch when exposed to the facts and started name calling. When their post was rebuffed using facts, the poster graduated from name calling to foul language.

I really love this "we all know that brand X is the best because the magazines say so" arguments, or "My machine is the best because I have one". Brand loyalty is fine, but what I've seen on here is more like brand fanaticism. What's next? Are you going to shout "The streets will flow with the blood of the non Grizzly believers!"? Gee whiz, you people aren't any better than the jihadists in the middle east. The only difference is that while they'll really cut my head off for not believeing in islam, you'll cut my head off (in a figurative sense) for not believing in a quad or what a magazine said.

I can see this forum hasn't changed much in the years since I last posted here. Now I know why you people lose so many members.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:12 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

And so another post reaches it full potential.