Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

The new YFZ 450R is here! **UPDATED MORE INFO**

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 08:36 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The new YFZ 450R is here! **UPDATED MORE INFO**

No doubt Yamaha and also Suzuki have done more for ATVs in the past 5-7 years then anyone..... they seem to be competing with each other and raising the bar for everyone else.......

Suzuki drops the z400 and changed the 4-stroke world....

Then Yamaha blows the doors of the ATV world with the YFZ....... forcing everyone to come up with a 450 or die off....

Then Suzuki drops the LT-R450, a first ever racing specific application and again sets the bar high........ forcing everyone to come up with "X" versions of their 450s....the ones they just developed a couple years ago.....

Now oddly it was Yamaha who was a little behind, but only for a second and they drop the new YFZ and take everyone by surprise........

This is a fun time to be an ATV fanatic......... it seems like only yesterday when it was the Banshee, Warrior and then the 400ex was the only sport machines on the market....

Old 09-10-2008, 10:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ss97

No doubt Yamaha and also Suzuki have done more for ATVs in the past 5-7 years then anyone..... they seem to be competing with each other and raising the bar for everyone else.......

Suzuki drops the z400 and changed the 4-stroke world....

Then Yamaha blows the doors of the ATV world with the YFZ....... forcing everyone to come up with a 450 or die off....

Then Suzuki drops the LT-R450, a first ever racing specific application and again sets the bar high........ forcing everyone to come up with "X" versions of their 450s....the ones they just developed a couple years ago.....

Now oddly it was Yamaha who was a little behind, but only for a second and they drop the new YFZ and take everyone by surprise........

This is a fun time to be an ATV fanatic......... it seems like only yesterday when it was the Banshee, Warrior and then the 400ex was the only sport machines on the market....</end quote></div>

Not to mention Yamaha comming out with the big bore class of bikes with the Raptor 660 soon every manufacturer will have one of those too. Honda has there 700xx and Polaris does with the 525! Indeed it's a great time to be ATV fanatic!

Old 09-11-2008, 05:15 PM
Trailblazer

Being in the media, I was able to check the new YFZ450r out in person - it's awesome!!! The pics I have seen posted around are great, but you can't really get the whole feel for it until you see it up close and get to sit on it, etc. As usual, Yamaha has come out with something that is going to be a serious competitor both in the sport quad market as well as the race quad market. Considering the platform it's based off of (YFZ), and how dialed in they have those quads, I think this is going to be a great machine right from the start. I have no doubt it's been fully tested, and tested again - and then again before it was released.....so I wouldn't hesitate to be one of the first to buy one of these the very first year. (yeah, I bought the 04 YFZ as soon as it hit dealer floors in 2003!)

Can't wait to ride one!

Old 09-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

I hope thay make the whole EFI thing work, just to shove it back down all the haters throat's! LOL I know for a fact that Bill Balance has been very involved in this project and if it gets his approval it will deff have mine.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:24 PM

how does the new yfz 450 r compare to the ktm 525 quad

Old 09-11-2008, 06:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Now one knows yet as it was just annonced this week but I am willing to bet it is a better allaround quad than the KTM or Yamaha would have never brought it out.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:48 PM

ive only got to ride one 450 and it got me hooked and now im not happy with the power of my 400ex, ive seen a few of the ktms race & they was alright , didnt knock my hat in the creek or anything, but price tag is outragous