Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

A MAJOR DISAPOINTMENT......

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 12:26 AM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A MAJOR DISAPOINTMENT......

Yeah, they can be a headache sometimes. Maybe it's a lemon and when you get it going you need to sell it and get another one. I had a RM125 like that when I was 15 years old. I replaced the crank for like $500 on a 15 year old's salary and never did get it to run again. After several months of trying to get it to run I got so frustrated with it I think I ended up selling it for like $50. $450 is a big loss, especially when money doesn't come easy, but I was glad to get rid of it.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:30 AM
Trailblazer

But i remember after we cleaned the fuel off the spark plug and put it back on and tried to start it a few times and then took it out again it didnt have any fuel on it. Im just confused with this ;/ so many things that could be the problem. I mean its weird I road 30 mins and it did great, stalled it a few times and it started back up fine.... parked it and went in for lunch. Went back out and it cranked up and i let it idle for a few mins then i went to take off and i stalled it. And then it wouldnt start back up... one time though i was pressing the starter and hitting the gas and it sounded like it was about to crank but didnt. After that it never did that again....

Old 10-07-2008, 12:32 AM
Trailblazer

Yeah I plan on getting it running and riding it probably til close to Christmas and then trying to sell it.... but that 30 mins was pretty damn fun I dont know if I would want to sell it after its running again

Old 10-07-2008, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!

Well, you got some things to check and a direction to go in tommorrow, just remember the principles of a combustion engine - fuel, spark, compression, and time. Once you prove it has each, you can eliminate that as a problem and you can move on to the next one. Eventially you will find the problem that is nagging you. Also check the spark several different times if you haven't done so already. Electrical issues can come and go frequently.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:59 AM
Trailblazer

Alright thanks for the help, im guna try some more tomorrow.

Old 10-07-2008, 10:37 AM
Trailblazer

This is crazy, I tried that trick you told me and it didnt start [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Any other ideas what it could be?

Old 10-07-2008, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it

Could be as simple as a shorted out spark plug this time. I would try a brand new plug I have had the same problem befor and it was just a bad plug.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:31 AM
Trailblazer

Could it still be shorted if it has good spark?

Old 10-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it

Yes it could show a spark but once you try to start it the combustion and fuel will actually put out the spark if it has a small short in the plug. I have had this problem before with some bikes especially two strokes they will actually start but once you try to take off and you give it gas they will die and usually not re start. I would also make sure that you have a good battery ground make sure you have no paint or contaminants like rust or corosion under your battery ground to the frame.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:13 PM
Trailblazer

how much for your warrior looking to buy and fix up

Quick Reply: A MAJOR DISAPOINTMENT......