Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I've got the dreaded Brake Squeak!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 09:34 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've got the dreaded Brake Squeak!!!

Well my bike is less than 2 weeks old and the rear brake squeaking has started. Man I kinda wish I had bought the 09 model that I wanted (but was not in stock) now. Because of the new wet brake design.

I'm going to have to do something about this squeaking because it works on my nerves big time. However I did notice if I ride the rear brakes some it sometimes helps with the squeaking but today that didn't even help!

I was doing some reading on this problem and some suggest changing to the EBC SV brakes, does anyone know what part number the EBC's for the Yamaha Grizzly 450 is? I also saw where some say to cross drill the rear disc, I might try this too.

Any other ideas or suggestions???? Hey I need to stop this squeaking some how! It's amazing Yamaha has let this problem go for so long. Other wise, I love the bike it's great and a lot of fun to ride. Thanks foots

Old 10-18-2008, 11:30 PM
Trailblazer

Bayou50 I had this same problem on an o7 wolvy. It was driving me nuts. I read on here about the EBC brakes. I have put a set on my wolvy and they quit squealing. But they are new. I will know next weekend if they will fix my problem. I will be doing some real riding then. The ones I purchased was FA307SV. This is a severe duty set of pads. I decided too fix this problem if it takes buying a new bike. Nothing like riding a new bike and your buddies riding old bikes asking you why it squeals. I will try to post back what I get a chance to ride.

Old 10-19-2008, 01:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

Great Ledawg, please let me know how you make out, I notice they squeak more after going thru water and then setting up for a day or two. Let me know how you make out as I need to make some kind of change here on my 07 Grizzly 450. The squeaking is driving me crazy!!!! Thanks Bayou50

Old 10-19-2008, 04:25 PM
Trailblazer

my o6 wolvie did the squealing horribly, i put the sintered metal ebc's on mine and havent heard a peep out of them yet. it takes a little for the new pads to get broke in so be ready for a decrease in rear brakes for a a few miles. the stock pads have 3 vertical grooves in them and mine were full of dirt and i think that is what the noise was from but never the less no more squeaking.