Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Again with the warrior !!!!!!

Read above man. Already discussed it.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider

the atv's battery will only draw the amps that it needs theres no harm in jumping it its all 12 volt so it wont matter, if i were you id pull the left side cover off and see what youve got.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: 91Warrior357

the atv's battery will only draw the amps that it needs theres no harm in jumping it its all 12 volt so it wont matter, if i were you id pull the left side cover off and see what youve got.</end quote></div>

But, if it's hooked up to a running vehicle the vehicles charging system will feedback through to the quad. Right?

That's what I've always read anyway.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider

nah i dont think so all i know is the atv's battery will basically draw out the power it needs from the car it wont like overdraw power and mess it up. im not sure how to explain maybe some1 else can...lol

Old 11-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Trailblazer

the charging system on a car is rated/designed for battery that can handle x (x is just for reference) a quad battery is only design to handle 1/2 x. So in a charging situation it can charge to quickly and heat the battery...if you have a cheap battery charger and put it on 30 amp or higher it will boil the battery...make sense?

Hard to explain...ATV charging system ~15 amp
Car charging system &gt;60 amps

Old 11-12-2008, 05:54 PM
Trailblazer

Well I would check the the Starter Solenoid, and the starter it's self. It could maybe even be the the clutch switch... To test it, Connect a ohmmeter to the switch side of the switch's Black/yellow and black wire terminals, there should be continuity with the clutch lever pulled in and none with the lever released... But I don't think it's that It does sound like your stater, but with first does the noise come from the front or back of the quad. If it's the front then probaly a starter... If in back than I shooting for the solenoid....Check to make sure all ground wires are also connected good... You did say that the electrical components where messed with... Hope my info helps to find out what the problem is, AND GET YOU BACK IN THE MUD &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;HOOAH&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

Old 11-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Endo

the charging system on a car is rated/designed for battery that can handle x (x is just for reference) a quad battery is only design to handle 1/2 x. So in a charging situation it can charge to quickly and heat the battery...</end quote></div>

Makes since Endo. Hate to keep going back to this. Sure don't belong in this thread but, since we haven't heard from the originator I think it's important to know.

So we decided when charging a battery use a charger designed for the atv battery, or a tender.

Now jumping from a vehicle is decidedly OK. But, still a running vehicle has a charging system. Motorcycle enthusiast will not jump from a running vehicle so, I still wonder if this is a good idea.

Old 11-12-2008, 06:17 PM
Trailblazer

The noise is coming from the front, and all the electrical parts were replaced with OEM parts all new. I actually just tried to jump it for a few mins and then put it up on a charger overnight. Thanks for the help, I will replace the starter when I get some extra cash.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:13 PM
Pro Rider

its prolly the starter clutch, does it sound like just a whining noise of the starter but yet the motor isnt actually cranking, id pull it apart and take a look at it maybe the circlip fell of the shaft that holds the starterclutch or something

Old 11-12-2008, 09:00 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah it just sounds like somethings turning but not doing anything. I dont know how to describe it, where is the starter located exactly!!!!!

Quick Reply: Again with the warrior !!!!!!