Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 04:15 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yamaha atvs

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: ss97

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Sontizzle

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: cherokee99

its just gona coma down to 2stroke vs. 4stroke. blaster will be a bit more powerful, but since it is a 2stroke it will need to be rebuilt far more often than the raptor 250. the raptor 250 is all new and a freshly redesizned 250cc engine. if the 250 engine is anything like the one in the bigbear250's and timberwolves, it will be very durable.

you could probly pick up a blaster pretty cheap, around $1,500 in the midwest. but a raptor 250 will be lost more that that.

hope this was some fresh information</end quote></div>

the raptor 250 is faster than the blaster. dirt wheels did a shootout between the 2 and the raptor won hands down</end quote></div>

The Raptor won the shootout but If I'm not mistake I think the Blaster was a bit quicker....</end quote></div>

it was quicker on take off but the raptor had a higher top speed and took the lead shortly after take off

Old 11-16-2008, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default yamaha atvs

the blaster would win in a drag but the raptor250, handled, braked, jumped way better

Old 11-16-2008, 08:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default yamaha atvs

im going to get the rap 350 ! thanks guys

Old 11-18-2008, 09:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default yamaha atvs

I have tons of friends who have blasters they are a good quad for the money the look nice and have lots of power. The problem is blasters need alot of work done to them. never buy a 2 stroke that has been bored over or has any work done to it except a exhaust. 2 stroke engines run alot hotter than 4 strokes and they're air cooled so after riding for awhile and reving high they can blow up and once that happens they'll never be the same. It also matters what your gunna be doing with it blasters are a very rough ride and flip easy on rough rocky trails.The raptor 250 is new hot and seems extremely powerful but the problem it is a smaller quad and it is very expansive.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default yamaha atvs

yea its definietly more expensive but any last comments on getting a rap 350 or 250? thats what im deciding now

Old 11-19-2008, 04:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default yamaha atvs

Well i guess it matters on what you feel more comftorable on and What your going to be doing because i think there both really fast but its all personal opinon and how old you are because the 350 is probably alittle more smooth and made for crusing while the 250 is for people who are gunna throw there weight around and really ride like there racing. but it def is personal opinon

Old 11-19-2008, 04:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!
Default yamaha atvs

The best way to look at it if you like the 450 style of bike the 250 would be your entry level bike to that model. If you like the Raptor 700 the 350 is the entry bike to that model. 450 for mx, 700 allaround and son on!

Old 11-19-2008, 06:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default yamaha atvs

im 14

Old 11-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Shapeshifter Rider
Default yamaha atvs

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: wariorman

I have tons of friends who have blasters they are a good quad for the money the look nice and have lots of power. The problem is blasters need alot of work done to them. never buy a 2 stroke that has been bored over or has any work done to it except a exhaust. 2 stroke engines run alot hotter than 4 strokes and they're air cooled so after riding for awhile and reving high they can blow up and once that happens they'll never be the same. It also matters what your gunna be doing with it blasters are a very rough ride and flip easy on rough rocky trails.The raptor 250 is new hot and seems extremely powerful but the problem it is a smaller quad and it is very expansive.</end quote></div>

Yes you make a valid point about the air cooled blaster.But the same can be said about the air cooled raptor.But 2 strokes don't run hotter.We have many aircooled 4 strokes where i'm at along with some blasters and those warrior run a hell of alot hotter then the blasters do.when we stop down for a while there is always a warrior or old 250 4 stroke that has the exhaust header glowing red.and many 2 strokes aren't air cooled:banshee,honda 250r,suzuki 250r,my scrambler,tecate 4.The only two stroke I would'nt trust that had motor work would be a blaster.You can go out and buy a banshee that is bored .50 and not have issues.2 strokes can be very dependable my scrambler is on the same piston that came with it from the factory.the 4 strokes seem to break more often around us then the 2,plus most of the small 4 strokes out there are air cooled and we have to take breaks to keep them from overheating.There are now no air cooled 2 strokes any more.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default yamaha atvs

the reason the exhaust may be glowing red is because there may be bad or not enough packing in the exhaust and how hard are those ppl with 2 strokes riding ?????

Quick Reply: yamaha atvs