Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

90 warrior fire help

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 04:30 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90 warrior fire help

alright couple more questions the warrior fires weak . when i first got it it didnt fire so i bought a used cdi box off of ebay and the connectors were diffrent so i wired my ends from my old cdi box to the new one. now all i get is like a very light white spark not enouph to start the atv. Also my nutral light quit working all of a sudden and the relay is ok. and usually my warrior dosent fire unless my ignition is turned off.

any answer will be aprreciated.

need to get my warrior to be rideable.

also need to know if i wired my cdi from a 91 to a 90 warrior correctly heres wat i did.

all of the wires except the 4 ones going to the stator . the ones off the old one were brown , red, green, and white. the new ones are blue, red white with green stripe and light yellow . so i put the reds together. the brown with the blue. the green with the white with green stripe. the light yellow to the white.

if you know an actually way to wire it let me know

i think it is right though

Old 11-13-2008, 07:07 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90 warrior fire help

First off I'm looking at a 1990-1996 wire diagram and from what I see....theres four wires going to the Magneto.... I think that if your getting spark, then it's hooked up kinda right the neutral light is also hooked into the bunch, from what the diagram is showing me... I think you should get a aftermarket CDI for it, or the OEM, or get a wire diagram and go from there... Also make sure that the CDI ground cable is not corroded... Make sure the CDI is connected tightly and grounded Very Well... Hope that info helps