Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Yamaha Blaster Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2001, 07:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would you buy a oil injector block off kit for a 1991 Yamaha blaster....i like the fact of just pulling up to the pump but i heared alot of bad news about the injector failing....what would you do??

Old 02-07-2001, 07:55 PM
Pro Rider

I took mine off because I didn't want to rely on a little plastic gear on a pump getting oil to my engine. Sure, I miss the convenience of pulling up to the pump during my rides but the overall sense of security and reliability make me feel better. Of course, there is nothing really wrong with the injection system, I didn't like worrying about it. Plus, my blaster stopped smoking so much and has more power. I run Maxima Super M at 32:1.But either way it is your decision.

Old 02-07-2001, 08:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

what all did you haft to do to install this kit...did you haft to change any of the jetting??

Old 02-07-2001, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

I had an 89 that had the oil inj. still hitched up and it ran fine, piston looked good, very high compression, I say why take it off unless its broken? I think them actually failing is pretty rare, If I were to race or something like that Id probally take it off. I like to pull up to the pumps and just pump the gas instead of messing with mixing, exc.. you are more likley to blow it up from mixing the gas wrong then the oil injection system failing..

Old 02-07-2001, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider

I ordered a kit from trenga. They give you all the instructions on a sheet and on their website uder the support section. Basically, you remove the tank and lines. Drain the gearbox. Take out the pump and bolt a plate over the hole. Reassemble the side of the engine. Plug the nozzle on the carb and fill the plug in the pump cover with silicone. After that, pre-mix your gas and jet accordingly.

Old 02-08-2001, 09:07 PM
Trailblazer

If I were u I would be safe and get the block off. It will probabl help in the long run

Kyle
99 blaster
no oil injection

Old 02-08-2001, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider

Hey dirt87 tell me about the juiced front disc brakes. What did they come off?

Old 02-08-2001, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

you are more likley to blow it up from mixing the gas wrong then the oil injection system failing..

Old 02-08-2001, 11:55 PM
Trailblazer

hey
I race a highly modified '99 blaster and i have hydro front and rear brakes from a parts banshee i have. They were free to me and i think they are the best. i had to (of course) bend my own brake lines and mount all the brakets to fit the banshee set-up. i mounted the braket where the two front lines meet together right behind my bumper and ran them down my A-Arms by use of the banshee clips and stuff. now on the rear it took a little bit more time and thinking to do. i used my stock lever and cut all the cable mechanisms off . then i took and made a braket in which i welded to the back of the lever. i mounted the resovoir(spelling?) under the seat for easy access. then i mounted the plunger using an existing mount used for the stock hokey nerf bars for the top hole and for the bottom i had to make a braket in order to make sure it was solid. the front brake lever and perch fit great on my bars with no problems and bleading is a sinch.

then only real problem we came upon is how to mount the hubs and calipers?
so we decided to make our own custom A-Arms to ensure the fit of everything +2inchesand 80 degrees camber set.
And on the back for the rear caliper i had to make brakets for it to ride right on my stock rotor.

this may sound hokey but it saved me a lot of money and it was fun working with my dad on this project. plus when we were all done we sanded down all the welds and things of that nature and to finish it off we painted it up nice. i wish i had pics to share right now, but they are in the works. i hope i help you out on this if you have any question or whatever you can e-mail me at jbbeth@fwi.com

-Ben #51- hope i could help