Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

500 Quadzila

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2001 | 07:56 PM
Trailblazer

I have a 2001 Banshee and a 1990 'Zilla. In my opinion they are opposite in terms of power. the quadzilla simply has monster torque and midrange, while the banshee is high strung. Both are a rush to ride because of all the power, they just hit in different places on the 'band. I just got the quadzilla and it was abused and smoking alot and jetted way rich and it still impressed me with the power!! It does 'feel' big, though so it is probably better suited for average to large sized people (as opposed to a raptor or 400ex). I put an FMF pipe on it and it made a hell of a difference, even when it was running sick.
Addict

Old 02-12-2001 | 08:35 PM
Trailblazer
Old 02-12-2001 | 08:39 PM
Trailblazer

A well tuned piped banshee will destroy a stock raptor in the straights and out of the turns. In the whoops section the raptor has the advantage.

Old 02-12-2001 | 08:50 PM
Pro Rider

My brother has owned three zillas. Reliability is okay, depends on how and what surface your riding on. One had works shocks. King of low end! They are terrible at jumping. Great for dunes, but throw in a few tight corners and some jumps or whoops in the sand and forget it. Same for the banshee only it's the king of top end for hill shooting. The zilla and shee are more of a one demensional quad.

Old 02-13-2001 | 04:28 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah and that one dimension is uncomprimising performance.They require skill and will repay you with unmatched power, they are not warm and fuzzy like a 400ex or raptor, but the will straighten your hair and rip your arms off.They are a dying breed, that is unless we can figure out a way to adapt oil injection,electric start and reclining seats...

Old 02-13-2001 | 08:55 AM
Pro Rider

I rode a quadzilla this past weekend and I hated it first off it wasnt that inpresive my buddies R runs just as good unless you want all top end. My raptor honestly will eat it up down low and the zilla was to big and turned like a school bus! I am not just saying this because I have a raptor its the truth. On top end the Zilla is fast but the power didnt impress me, I have honestly been considering a Roll Design 250r but I am not sure if I should stay with my raptor or go with and R. I love the raptor but if stock parts are as much as I've been hearing it will be gone. I have put alot of $$ in my raptor already and it just keeps getting better but it still wont climb like an R due to the R's geometry and the motor sits forward on the R plus the raptor wants to climb to the sky where the R gets wheel spin and sits on any hill. Plus I have raced mx bikes for years and I am use to 2strokes but I've only had 4stroke quads, so I myself have been pondering what to do but I would honestly stay away from the zilla to big (wide) turns slow and no low end compaired to raptor but top end it is faster but if your like me and ride woods and not dunes the zilla sucks!

Old 02-13-2001 | 09:18 AM
Trailblazer

If the zilla you rode only impressed you with TOP end power, something is wrong with the bottom end!! Yes I agree that they are wide and turning radius sucks, but a 'normal' zilla has gobs of power in the low end to midrange. Sounds wierd to me! Maybe it was ported for top end or something...
Addict

Old 02-13-2001 | 08:50 PM
|
Trailblazer

well i am 13 i am 5'9 and i weigh alnmost 200 pounds i have been riding since i was 4 and have onwed a 87' 250R which has just been sold 3 weeks ago and i am going to get a another qaud. "Something faster" now you know every thing.

|
Trailblazer

well i am 13 i am 5'9 and i weigh alnmost 200 pounds i have been riding since i was 4 and have onwed a 87' 250R which has just been sold 3 weeks ago and i am going to get a another qaud. "Something faster" now you know every thing.

|
Trailblazer

Quick Reply: 500 Quadzila