Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

500 Quadzila

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2001 | 09:33 PM
Pro Rider

Had a '88 Quadzilla...put a lot of engine and suspension mods in it...It was still an ill-handling pig...Glad I own a mega-modded-out Banshee and a Raptor instead! Would never care to own a 'Zilla again.

Old 02-14-2001 | 03:48 PM
Trailblazer

i never rode a zilla before.. but i did ride a stock raptor. i was not impressed with the raptor at all. to me ,, it was like my old 400ex on steroids. i think it is a tad bit over rated. im probably going to get bashed for saying this. i am a yamaha guy. i just traded my 400ex for a pre-modded banshee. i would not trade this bike for anything. it has a powerband that is ridiculously punchy. it definalety is an adrenaline rush. i ve heard that the quadzilla is untouchable to eigther of these bikes. that is just my experience with this bike from other owners. if i could find one around here,, i would probably buy it. the raptor is definalety better than my banshee in the woods,, and is more trail friendly. it has good low end grunt but it doesnt give me the adrenaline rush that my banshee gives me. dont get me wrong,, the raptor is a fast bike,, but it doesnt have the feel of an untouched power band of a 2 stroke. i would probably pay extra just for the sound of a 2 stroke.

Old 02-14-2001 | 04:01 PM
Trailblazer

i have rode a few raptor before, and i can tell you that they are a little over rated. i just sold my 400ex for a pre-modded banshee, and the raptor doesnt give me the adrenaline rush that my banshee gives me. a raptor is basically a 400 ex on steroids. dont get me wrong ,, it is a fast bike,and it handles way better than the banshee in the woods and trails,, and also is more rider friendly, but i would not give up the ridiculously punchy power band of the shee!! im just giving my thoughts on the raptor, because i was going to trade my 400ex for one until i rode it. im probably going to get bashed for saying this about the raptor(since it is a yamaha forum) but, im just posting my thoughts on the raptor.

Old 02-14-2001 | 06:40 PM
Trailblazer

You can bring your "Stock" raptor over any time and let my "piped" banshee get beat by it. I am so positive it will not happen I will run you best three out of five for any length, for titles cause I would really like to have a Raptor around to ride when my shee is sick ; )

Old 02-19-2001 | 03:29 AM
Trailblazer

don't get quadzilla. too heavy and too slow without alot of mods

Old 02-19-2001 | 05:16 AM
Pro Rider

I rode the raptor the other day, now i need some new underwear, enough said

Old 02-19-2001 | 04:27 PM
Pro Rider

If the Quadzilla is too slow, then no ATV will be fast enough for you.As old as it may be, it is by far the fastest atv ever made and will never be surpassed.Be honest with yourself and give credit where credit is due.

Old 02-19-2001 | 05:51 PM
Trailblazer

Well I am probably gonna be bashed for this but I think if you grew up with the 2 stroke power then fine stay with it no one is stoping you but if you grew up with the grunt of a 4 stroke then stick with it. You people are crazy how much bashing I hear on how my four wheeler will do 100 or my four wheeler will beat a raptor or a banshee! oh big $hi% you just beat it by a couple of mphs. Its not how fast they go ITS HOW FUN THEY ARE! look you all just sit around and say I can beat you or I can beat you but you might be wrong! I have a warrior and if any one doesn't like them keep your comments to your self! You might have a yamaha breeze and you say you can blow body off a blaster ( I know that would never happen) but the question is,are you have fun or what!

WOW that felt GOOD to let it out!!!!!!

89 warrior that is SO MUCH FUN

Old 02-19-2001 | 08:32 PM
Range Rover

My brother in law has a zilla and ill tell you what it is a pretty sick machine. I just bought an 01 Banshee and we are yet to butt helmets but when we do ill be shore and let you know. As for reliability, A+ He has never had a problem with it except for a flat tire here and there. But for snow,dude you should know the answer to that one!! It goes like my shee does, It doesn't.

Old 02-19-2001 | 10:16 PM
Range Rover

It is true. The quadzilla is the fastest quad ever made.

Quick Reply: 500 Quadzila