Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

New Raptor 700SE - what do I need besides paddles & nerfs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Raptor 700SE - what do I need besides paddles & nerfs?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bigned1904

im from san diego. so do u ride the oregon dunes?</end quote></div>

Yep, and I like to do the occasional road trip - 2007 we went to the Black Hills and stopped at St Anthonys for a week on the way back. Christmas 2005, we did the road trip to Glamis and pulled the trailer over the Siskyous (sp?) in the snow on the way back - THAT was the scariest part of the whole trip. We are thinking we may hit Glamis again at Christmas/New Years again - should be even more fun this time!

Old 03-16-2009, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: TractorPacker

Moses Lake last weekend of this month, come and shake it down. You know you want to.</end quote></div>

YES I DO! That means de-winterizing the TH and making sure Ricky's quad is TTLP. Michael will still be in Cali I think........

Sounds fun [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2009, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: nwcutie

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bigned1904

im from san diego. so do u ride the oregon dunes?</end quote></div>

Yep, and I like to do the occasional road trip - 2007 we went to the Black Hills and stopped at St Anthonys for a week on the way back. Christmas 2005, we did the road trip to Glamis and pulled the trailer over the Siskyous (sp?) in the snow on the way back - THAT was the scariest part of the whole trip. We are thinking we may hit Glamis again at Christmas/New Years again - should be even more fun this time!</end quote></div>

ill be making a trip up to the oregon dunes in august. never been but the tree shoots like so fun. we are having a big raptor rally at glamis oct 16th-18th if u would like to come. im out there on all big holidays.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Good looking Rappy! You are going to love this quad!

Old 03-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

Hey, Sandstars aren't that bad, I like mine, but then I ride like an old man, opps, that's what I am [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Great choice Marci, you're gonna love the Rappy. Get duals and PCIII in the future [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-25-2009, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

Hi Happa!

The nerfs and paddles are on and they look good! The pro-armor nerfs with the fat pegs and built-in heel guards seem a lot more substantial than what I had on the pred.

The PCIII and duals will have to wait a while - I paid off my student loans (I now own my degrees [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ) and chipped my truck so I'll get better performance out of it.

Old 03-27-2009, 09:05 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: nwcutie Hi Happa!
The nerfs and paddles are on and they look good! The pro-armor nerfs with the fat pegs and built-in heel guards seem a lot more substantial than what I had on the pred.
The PCIII and duals will have to wait a while - I paid off my student loans (I now own my degrees [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] and chipped my truck so I'll get better performance out of it.</end quote></div>
Those pro-armor nerfs with the fat pegs are sick [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] When you do get pipes and computer go with the new PC5 and find a way to save $185.00, get your Raptor dyno-tuned here in Auburn by Roosterbuilt, I know it's tough, but it will be well worth it and it'll run like a champ [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2009, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider

roosterbuilt does a great job tuning raptors. no need to get the pc5 imo if you are going to have your bike dyno tuned. but if u are in a area where your not going to be able to get a dyno its great because it has a auto tune that can be equipt so you dont have to go to a dyno. i mean it wont be as good as what a good tuner on a dyno can do for you but its pretty dang good. also think about high desert dyno. this guy is new to the game but i tell u what this guy kicks ***. you would think he has been doing it for 15 years. and he actully gives a ****. alot of dyno guys out there only tune your bike for full throttle which is fine if all you do is drag race. where daniel from high desert dyno tunes your bike at muli throttle positions so when your doing normal riding and not at full throttle your bike will run great.

Old 03-28-2009, 08:07 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Lazy Boy Rider!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bigned1904 roosterbuilt does a great job tuning raptors. no need to get the pc5 imo if you are going to have your bike dyno tuned.</end quote></div>
I don't know that much about the new PC, so I was speaking just based on what I have heard, that's it's an improvement over the PC3. I like Roosterbuilt mainly because he's 5 minutes from my house [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-28-2009, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider

the autotune is the major upgrade. it does other stuff like hold muliable maps and stuff but thats not needed. i mean who changes there map during the ride.

Quick Reply: New Raptor 700SE - what do I need besides paddles & nerfs?