Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Help Me Design a Riding Park For You

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2001, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RAPTORLIPS,

No, my father-in-law has not had any races at his place, but I'm familiar with the races you are talking about. Since you know the area, you probably remember the BIG hill you go down a few miles north of Saint Jo? If you do, then you've seen his place (at least what you can from the road). He owns that hill and everything you can see to the left of the highway.

Old 02-14-2001, 06:08 PM
Pro Rider

Alright Guys (and Girl - Jennifer ) - it looks like a date! Lets all plan on the 24th (Saturday) if weather permits. I have spoken to Jim (my father-in-law) and he said that weekend is fine. I will start thinking of a place for us all to group up and from there we can head to one of the gates.

If you are planning on going, please email me at bartkim@home.com so I can keep track of everyone a little easier.

Keep in mind that it is ONLY a ranch and there are no houses there (the in-laws live at Lake Kiowa), so there are no facilities (hint, hint...Jennifer ). Also, a lot of the 'unimproved' pastures have those d@mn *****ly pear cacti spread everywhere, so if you don't have any gunk in your tires, you may want to consider it??? If you mainly stay on the jeep roads, then it shouldn't be a problem.

Lets plan on doing the picnic thing and I will post a meeting place, time and directions soon. I will title it 'DEVIL'S BACKBONE PRIVATE TOUR INFO' since this message is getting pretty long. It should be a lot of fun (and it's FREE) and Bulcher is only about 15 minutes down the road (to the east) if you want to spend the remaining of the day there.

Look forward to hearing from everyone...
Bart
bartkim@home.com
www.members.home.net/bartkim

Old 02-14-2001, 07:01 PM
Trailblazer

that sounds great i do have one suggestion and that is to post this in the "were to ride" section. good luck

Old 02-14-2001, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

ROLLpsi425R,

Thanks for the suggestion and I have already tried that, but the moderator deleted all my messages because they said I can only post one message in only one forum (no duplicate posts). But thanks anyway!

Old 02-14-2001, 08:40 PM
Range Rover

I think it would be ideal to consult some big atv companies, they may invest enought to get it rolling maxxis atv park or something, even though you own it, humpy wheeler owns charlotte motor speedway but lowes bought into the new name. Also the riding double thing, for people to ride they have to obey industry rules, like the pop riveted tags on new atv plastic, yes I am guilty of riding double, but if something was to happen and you hit someone else while riding double they could sue YOU! Anyway, maybe charging a small fee to ride like 10 bucks for a weekend or something, Most dont mind, and if they do its there loss. Well just my thoughs!

Later,
Andrew Humphrey

Old 02-15-2001, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider

Looking forward to checking out the place and hanging out with you guys again. If you could please send me some directions on how to get there.
Eric should be with me as well and Duane (they guy that didnt make it with me last time) should be there as well.

Old 02-15-2001, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the heads up on no facilities. That's ok though because neither does Lake Murray, and it's like my favorite place to ride. Sounds like it will be fun. A message to all you guys, bring your wives, your girlfriends, whichever, I don't want to be the only chicklet out there. Maybe pops will have the crank put back into his by then. Geez man you are going to need a mailing list to keep track of everyone. Look forward to throwing some dirt with you all.

Old 02-15-2001, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider

That's a good idea, Jennifer. If any of you guys want to bring a wife, girlfriend or both , then that will be just that much more fun. My wife will be 8 months pregnant by that time, so I imagine she will pass. Since it is a ranch and not a riding park (at least not yet - keep your fingers crossed), then it shouldn't be a problem. I will be posting the details this evening (2/15).

Thanks again...
Bart

Old 02-15-2001, 03:41 PM
Trailblazer

I am so happy to hear someone is finally making a new riding park!!! Flying P closed?! what! Glad to hear someone is doing something about atving in a big way. I have lots of friends that will love to hear this. Unfortunatly my atv was stolen so it might be a while before I can visit your place.

One suggestion also is good trail markers and possibly a classification for the trail like on ski slopes.(i don't know if somebody already mentioned this)

I'd be glad to lend a hand some weekend if you need any help building the place.

Old 02-15-2001, 04:15 PM
Pro Rider

That weekend if fine with me, also.

Quick Reply: Help Me Design a Riding Park For You