Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

2006 banshee special addition.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 05:29 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 banshee special addition.

Hey, im thinking about buying a 2006 Yamaha banshee anniversary edition 3500$. It has very low hours, Im pretty sure because i've had alot of fourwheelers and i know when they have been rallied. It is bone stalk. and i was thinking that how it is a 350 2-stroke it probably will not be as reliable as a 4-stroke. I dont know a whole lot about the 2 strokes. but yeah i was just going to ask those of you who have a banshee or have experienced them if i were to get it and put a set of Toomey pipes and jetting and some itp hole shot tires. Would it last along time if i took good care of it and did not race it or top it out without rebuilding the engine in a month. I plan to just do some trail riding every weekend with my buds. But yeah all i want is to get some pipes and jetting for it and some tires and thats it. Overall, how long would it last without rebuilding it or anything?

Some opinions would be appreciated, Thanks for reading. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2009, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider

Give it a compression test to see where you would be starting out at should be in the 115 to 125psi range... If its lower than that you could be looking at a top end rebuild in the very near future. Banshees arent the best for trail riding it can be done but its a lot of clutch slipping to keep them in the power band where they like to be run at. I bought mine at a steal because it needed a top end rebuild when i bought it... I was planning on doing some things to mine regardless if it needed a rebuild or not so I looked for one specifically that needed it done to save myself some change in the long run. Toomey makes great pipes for the shee. With proper jetting and not lugging it around all day out of the power band while riding a top end could easily last you a couple years. If they stock tires on it are in decent shape I would say, save your money and look at upgrading the suspension rather than the tires right off the bat. The shees arent know for their comfortable ride they are known for their white knuckle ride.

Good luck

P.S. you know your blaster is a 2 stroke as well right?

Old 03-23-2009, 11:41 PM
Range Rover

Yep, the above poster is right about what he said. With pipes you can make the shee require much less clutch slipping in trails, Pro-Circuit showed the best low end gains on dyno tests according to bansheehq.com. I love my banshee overall. I actually like the fact that it doesn't have electric start. The things I dislike about it would probably be the width, and the bad handling, and the fact it seems very "front heavy" on jumps. People often dramatize how much they need maintenance, stock shees aren't as unreliable as you'd think. My 05' is on original cylinders and everything, and since I've bought it I haven't exactly babied it! I'd take the deal if the machine looks good. Be sure you make him let you take a test ride, you need to know what you are buying. Hope this helps you out.