Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor LRD exhaust update

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2001, 01:23 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heya everyone
Just thought I would give a quick update on how the LRD exhaust system is coming along. I talked to the owner yesterday, and they are making some major improvements. Stock my bike dyno'd at 38hp. As of right now they are at 46.5hp with the pipe, air box lid off and jetted. They feel very confident that 50hp is obtainable. The owner was saying how amazed he was at the raptor and how it revs....." never seen a 4-stroke that revs like a 2-stroke" hehe anyways I am getting pretty anxious to get my quad back.......

just a fyi

Old 02-15-2001, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider

Glad to see that they are making progress. You'll be amazes at what a pipe does. Keep us posted and I know you probably cant wait because I was without my quad for 2months and I was getting impatient because the majority of my quad riding is down over winter untill the weather breaks and I can get my bike out. Keep us updated and good web page.

Old 02-15-2001, 02:03 PM
Pro Rider

That's the second company claiming they can get 50 hp's out of a Raptor from just a pipe,filter, and jetting.

Old 02-15-2001, 04:28 PM
Range Rover

it is rear wheel hp. Personally I don't read to much into the #'s, because all dyno's are different. What I look at is the difference..... right now they are looking at a bit over 8hp increase with the pipe/jetting and airbox lid off.....

Old 02-16-2001, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

good point predator who cares about the number. Keep concentrating on the difference, 8.5 hp is a lot out of a pipe. Good luck with it, hope you enjoy it.

Chasman
01 blk/wht raptor

Old 02-16-2001, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

I think you will be very satisfied with that pipe and jet work. Arlen takes allot of pride in the work he does.

Hears the pipe he did for my ex, one thing thou I would advise spending the extra dockets to get it chromed as mine is starting to rust.sniff, sniff

Old 02-16-2001, 08:09 PM
Range Rover

how long have they had it?you should be paid for letting them use your quad as a test quad to build a pipe which they will be selling to make a profit off of you,the less they have in research and developement the more they make,what did they offer you?free chrome job?a free dyno run?all the while your raptor has done numerous full throttle dyno blasts ,and week end power runs in sand mud and motocross tracks,i got a custom built lrd built for my 310 r ,it was a good pipe but i did not and would not loan my quad to any manufacture to build a product unless i was getting hooked up

Old 02-18-2001, 12:52 AM
Range Rover

They are takin care of me free exhaust system, free chrome, and free labor on any motor mods...... they have had it for almost 4 months but they had the 350powervalve project hit them right in the middle of it, that swamped them.... right now it really hasn't bothered me to much cause of the time of year......

**update went up there yesterday... they got it up to 48.5hp so far with amazing gain across the whole spectrem.....

Old 02-18-2001, 11:53 PM
Range Rover

Call me a skeptic, but a 24% increase in power from a pipe and jet kit and some airbox mods.... I don't know.

Old 02-19-2001, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider

I gotta agree with Yamabike, im not saying that you are a liar, id just like to see it for myself

Quick Reply: Raptor LRD exhaust update