Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Should i get Banshee or YFZ 450?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both are great rides I used to own a 91 Banshee setup for trails and now I presently own a modded 06 YFZ that I still ride on the trail with today but honestly it's all in what you are looking for in a ride that will help you make your final choice. Just like alot of others have said before me want to go in a straight line FAST get a banshee but all I can say is the YFZ does all the rest. Have fun and enjoy which ever choice you make but one thing I can say is Yamaha builds quads that go fast. ;0)

Old 12-23-2012, 08:05 PM
Range Rover

I think you said the key word. "know nothing about them".... so theres a challange for you... there both supper tunable. the 4-stroke is less of a head ache... i own both and prefer my YFZ450R... it's just more fun to ride.... of course these are all opinions, i suppsoe look at the trend things are going too, they may help your decision...

Old 12-24-2012, 03:08 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by danatack
I think you said the key word. "know nothing about them".... so theres a challange for you... there both supper tunable. the 4-stroke is less of a head ache... i own both and prefer my YFZ450R... it's just more fun to ride.... of course these are all opinions, i suppsoe look at the trend things are going too, they may help your decision...
The trend that things are going to has nothing to do with the bikes. In fact its more about the environment than what people want. Unfortunately!
Also, people that say 4 strokes are less of a headache have never worked on one much. Lots more moving parts.

Old 12-25-2012, 04:56 PM
Range Rover

Actually the trend has alot to do with it, the industry is focusing alot of attention with 2-strokes if your a sled head, but have practically left the atv industry to 4-strokes. but there are alot of companies like Duncan, and Trinity that make sure the banshee and trx250r owners are takin careof. moving parts doesn't have much to do with it if your a builder or work on your own stuff. 2-strokes require more attetion simply due to the law of physics (getting the same job done at higher rpm in half the time generally means twice the wear.) once again none of which matters if you race or build and work on your own. as far as environment either will go where the other one did. personal pereference i like my 4-stroke more for trail riding cause the "R's" are down compared to a 2-stroke. Dunning is fun on both. so i think it up to you as far as which one fits your riding needs...

Old 04-04-2013, 08:35 PM
Trailblazer

A Banshee would easily get to its sop speed first. If you ride fields, sand, or roads and like to go in a straight like get the banshee, they also tend to fly pretty straight in the air the don't turn much. But if you like stunts, trails and being really low to the ground get the yfz 450. the 450 can also seem to be small and crowded if your taller or bigger