Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

02 Warrior clutch lever very very hard to pull!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider
I ride, because football, basketball, and baseball only uses one ball!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, just get a new clutch cable, you'll be surprised at the difference it will make. Most people replace them when they break, but they should really be replaced at least every few years.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider

the rappy mod is great or you could do the magura hyd. clutch if you feel like spending more

Old 08-08-2010, 08:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

does anyone have a new link to how to do that warrior to raptor clutch perch mod? the previous post with the link doesnt work... that site is down i guess. i am interested in modding my warrior clutch lever too...

Old 08-09-2010, 08:22 AM
Range Rover

It is actually pretty intuitive. Order the listed parts. Everything basically hooks up the same way but you will route the cable on the flywheel side of the motor, (left side if your sitting on it). Then there is a bolt hole on top of the motor that you use to mount the cable holder. If you get it and decide you need some pictures I can get you some but it really isn't hard.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Swerve
It is actually pretty intuitive. Order the listed parts. Everything basically hooks up the same way but you will route the cable on the flywheel side of the motor, (left side if your sitting on it). Then there is a bolt hole on top of the motor that you use to mount the cable holder. If you get it and decide you need some pictures I can get you some but it really isn't hard.
thats cool, thanks man. i just got a new cable today, and i could tell a huge difference. but i am having another problem. recently i have upgraded to a single pull carb ( the 92 and back had a double pull cord) and the problem is, that i dont know where to properly secure the new cable. As of right now, when i turn the handlebars all the way to the right it bogs out, then if i turn them all the way to the left it revs up a lot! I figure it needs secured down, but the other assembly was different. Any pics would help..

Old 08-10-2010, 08:37 AM
Range Rover

So you got a new throttle cable not a clutch cable, right? I can't help you with the throttle cable attachment much. I have an aftermarket carb but here are some pictures of the cable routing. I don't have a good picture of it up by the steering. It does run right through there but it isn't tied to any of it.

Name:  IMG_1496.jpg
Views: 3301
Size:  72.7 KB

Name:  IMG_1497.jpg
Views: 5432
Size:  137.9 KB

Old 08-10-2010, 01:54 PM
Weekend Warrior

yeah i actually got both. The new clutch cable made a drastic difference, so that problem is fixed. As for the throttle cable, it looks like my cable leads into the carb differently than yours. Your cable enters the top of the carb while mine enters on the side or close to the middle. I guess i need to see about routing it differently, because where it sits now, i can just move the throttle cable around by hand and the carb will run differently... i can crank it all the way to the left and the carb opens up full throttle! Im thinking that maybe i just need to fabricate a piece to hold it place, or just keep fine tuning and tweaking... Thanks for the pics! I appreciate all your help!!

One more question though..... if i have a new axle, can i still use my old bearings if they are good? or should i just spend another 40 bucks and buy new bearings?

Old 08-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider
Old 08-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Range Rover

I don't know exactly what to tell you on the throttle cable. Sounds to me like it is almost to short and not mounted very good so that when you turn left you are stretching the cable out and making it pull. There should be plenty of slack in the cable so that it never gets tight when you turn.

As far as the bearings on the axle it is up to you obviously. Think of it like this, since you already have the rear end apart to replace the axle is it worth having to tear into it again if the bearings go out a month from now? If it were me I would plan on doing it all at once but I have never replaced either the axle or bearings so i don't really know how bad it is.

Beastly,
Did they just change the yfm350.com site? I haven't been over there for a while. It looks pretty good.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Pro Rider

yea the site isnt a proboards site anymore,its got a way better setup now, it definitely sounds like that throttle cable is routed wrong it needs a good bit of slack, you should be able to lock the bars left and right with no throttle change, if you get a new axle definitely get new new bearings you dont want old bearings wearing in on a new axle, that and its just easier to do since it will all be apart.

Quick Reply: 02 Warrior clutch lever very very hard to pull!