Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

New to Rejetting...

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 03:49 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Rejetting...

I have a 2007 Raptor 350. I'm getting tired of the stock exhaust on it and I was looking for a new one. I live in central missouri where it's about 1000 ft above sea level.
Can someone help me out with the whole rejetting process?
I don't know where to start. Do I need a jet kit? If so, how do I know what kind of jet kit?
I would really appreciate some help.
Thanks in advance!

Old 06-20-2009, 04:06 AM
Pro Rider

you dont need a jet kit...but its a good choice to get one since it has a large variety to get it dialed in perfect in any weather and altitude, and if you get further mods you can always stick a bigger main jet in your bike accordingly,GYT-R makes good jet kits but Dyno-Jet is the only jet kits i get for ATVS there real nice, and come with a little guide that teaches you about jetting and says which to use at your elevation, some kits come with a new needle like mine did, there needles are designed alot better usually, you dont have to get a jet kit, some pipes come with a jet just for that pipe, or you can just ask for the next 2 sizes up from the stock jet at the dealer and it will only be a few bucks compared to 30-70 bucks from a jetkit, usually when you install a pipe all you have to do is take the bowl off and pull the old mainjet out and install a new one then your done, but sometimes you gotta use a bigger pilot, and adjust fuel screw, and sometimes you adjust the needle also..depends on the model, pipes i would reccomend are....HMF, LRD Pro-4 and any of the Yoshimura pipes...

Old 06-20-2009, 04:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by 91Warrior357
you dont need a jet kit...but its a good choice to get one since it has a large variety to get it dialed in perfect in any weather and altitude, and if you get further mods you can always stick a bigger main jet in your bike accordingly,GYT-R makes good jet kits but Dyno-Jet is the only jet kits i get for ATVS there real nice, and come with a little guide that teaches you about jetting and says which to use at your elevation, some kits come with a new needle like mine did, there needles are designed alot better usually, you dont have to get a jet kit, some pipes come with a jet just for that pipe, or you can just ask for the next 2 sizes up from the stock jet at the dealer and it will only be a few bucks compared to 30-70 bucks from a jetkit, usually when you install a pipe all you have to do is take the bowl off and pull the old mainjet out and install a new one then your done, but sometimes you gotta use a bigger pilot, and adjust fuel screw, and sometimes you adjust the needle also..depends on the model, pipes i would reccomend are....HMF, LRD Pro-4 and any of the Yoshimura pipes...

Thanks! You answered a lot of my questions.