Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Starting over in the forums...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2001, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyone that wants to get along and stop arguing about who rides what and for the people that want to get along and help eachother out and have some fun on this forum Please sign here. I'm sick of arguing, i want to get along and not be so stupid about things...
RYAN

00' ds650

Comone guys lets try this

Old 02-18-2001, 01:38 AM
Pro Rider

Hey 300exStercise, get out of the yammy forum!!!
Just joking...

Actually I try to stay away from the childish arguments. I've learned a lot from a few people on this site and I think that I've given back some info and some know-how as well. These forums are great when used for their intent.

I'm not stating that I'm going to start over because I've continuously tried to stay in check and be responsible. However, there have times that I've stooped just a bit.

I wish everyone else on this site would commit to either continuing to act responsible, or to start as well. If so, we could learn a lot more in less time.

Old 02-18-2001, 01:40 AM
Pro Rider

Awesome reply bash, now we just need to get some of these other guys to join us

00' ds650
lets race bash
haha j/k

Old 02-18-2001, 09:11 AM
Range Rover

I always try and keep it fair. If someone asks an opinion on my atv compared to another I don't bash the other atv just because I don't own it. I usually put in something good about the other machine. I like all atv's but some better than others for different reasons. I like reading the problems or good features of every bike so that I can pass the knowledge along to others if they have questions about a specifice atv which happens alot.

I've always read dirtwheels and 4wheelaction and am pretty knowledgeable but I'm no mechanic for sure. hehe

Keep it honest and respect others opinions. Thats my outlook on things.

Later

Old 02-18-2001, 11:59 AM
Trailblazer

I agree. While there is nothing wrong with being proud of what you ride, I agree that there are too many personal attacks. I think there are many good quads out there, and the attitude of "mine's the best, everything else is crap" is uncalled for. Now I have reasons for riding what I ride, because I did a lot of research and rode alot of different quads before I decided on my Big Bear. And I am usually glad to share those reasons if anyone asks, as well as some of the shortcomings of my quad. But you will never catch me saying that someone elses quad is junk. Just because mine is better for ME dosent mean it is better for someone else.
Good post.
Kman

Old 02-18-2001, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider

It has calmed down alot, it all started when the Raptor came out and everyone had to say it was faster or whatever. Now everyone knows the truth so it has calmed down alot.

Also, I would like to hear people say, my toomey or fmf piped banshee beats every other pipe available for the banshee in a drag race... that way you know which AFTERMARKET parts are best and which ones don't work well.
But on the other hand, I hate people saying that there stock quad is faster than yours and stuff like that, there is no need for stuff like that.

Old 02-19-2001, 01:20 PM
Trailblazer

I have to admit- I started falling into the Raptor trap too- I was excited in owning ONE of the fastest quads available. Com'mon guys- wouldnt it be nice to get everyone w high-perf quads together and hit those new trails in W Virginia (Hatfield-McCoy trail system) If people wont ride w others because they ride a competitors machine- ATV's dont stand a chance of ever becoming mainstream. Anyone wanna ride w us? First weekend in May in W Virginia- bring Shees, DS's, 250R's Zillas, LT's 400ex whatever- lets GO!

Old 02-19-2001, 01:34 PM
Pro Rider

I'm game

Old 02-19-2001, 02:21 PM
Range Rover

Sure UI am up for it. I try not to bash anyones ride anyway I try to give and honest opion on questions.
But I still love my ATV best because it is what suites me the best I did alot of research before purchasing my ATV and this was a perfect choice for me But I will have to agree that my choice is not the same choice someone else will make for there style of riding.

Have a good one