Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor 350 HELP!! im so lost.. :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 03:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor 350 HELP!! im so lost.. :(

ok so i have an 08 raptor 350.. its 100% stock... i cleaned the carb last week but it still seems to get no fuel.. it will start when the choke is 1/2 to full open and over rev right off the start.. so i took the air filter out and tryed some ether to no avail... so i covered the air filter boot with my hand and it fired up.. once i moved one finger it ran solid.. then i felt wet on my hand and saw that gas it leaking back in to the airbox??

what should i do????

Carb Settings:
mixture screw - 2-3.5 turns out (i have tryed a wide range untill the screw almost falls out..)
Main jet: stock
Pilot jet: stock
Needle: stock

Old 08-20-2009, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

double check your float settings, while the carb is apart, make sure every passage in the carb is blown out clear,as well as the jets. 2 to 2.5 turns from seated should be fine for idle mix screw. If it won't idle ,you may want to concentrate on the idle circuit, make sure it is getting gas,the base idle is set correctly,and the low speed idle jet is squeaky clean, it is so tiny, even a little water can plug it up,or the tiniest speck of dirt. A little bit of gas "burping" back from the carb is normal, but if you are seeing a lot of gas being spit back, you could have a very high float, or the needle and seat is shot and flooding out the bowl. Let us know what you find, and list what you have done, so everyone can see what else needs to be looked at. Good luck, and be patient, carbs can be a real beeetch sometimes.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

k well im currently not at home.. i will rip the carb apart when i get back.. and every thing should be clear.. i just soaked the whole thing in cleaner.. my grandpa took it to the hanger and used a ultrasonic cleaning machine on it.. so i will take pics of EVERYTHING and get back to you on that..

Old 08-20-2009, 05:09 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Is A Power Sport Junkie!

how many hours are on it?

is there plenty of gas in it and is the gas on( yes people do it.. even after checking a million times)

check your intake boot for cracks( from carb to motor)

are you using the choke to start it?( same as putting hand over filter inlet)

and wet on your hand.. semi-normal. due to intake waves and such some fuel vapor will get shot back into the air filter.

try one last thing.. turn gas on, take a #2 phillips and open the screw on the bottom of the carb, see if gas runs out, what color it is, if it's totally clear check it for odor, or even drain it into a clear glass jar(small preferably) and let it sit as to check it for water.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

well it has semi old gas in it mixed with some carb cleaner, around 70-120 hours(i dont have a car), the gas is on, it will not start with the choke (it has intermittently), no cracks in the boot, and when i turn the bleed valve screw gas does not pas through the one way valve in the bleed tube but it pours out the bottom of the float bowl, the gas does smell like gas, and im not sure if its clear or not..