Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

How often do banshees need to be rebuilt?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 12:48 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How often do banshees need to be rebuilt?

There is a banshee for sale i want to get. It is a 2005 model. It has a set of toomey t6 pipes. v-force 3 reeds. k&n air filter pods and a smaller back sprocket.

If i ride it 3 days a week and mix the gas ratio properly and dont race it. How often will i need to rebuild the engine and stuff?

Anyone who has a banshee know?

Old 09-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Trailblazer

Oh come on.. nobodys got anything to say?

Old 09-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider

Let me say this .

Everytime you kick the kickstarter - toss a five dollar bill into an envelope.

When the machine breaks open envelope.

Adjust deposits as needed.

I know -- kind of a wise guy answer but - there is no way of knowing exactly how long it will last. But the $5 bill savings program will help.

Rick Ritter

Old 09-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by RickRitter
Let me say this .

Everytime you kick the kickstarter - toss a five dollar bill into an envelope.

When the machine breaks open envelope.

Adjust deposits as needed.

I know -- kind of a wise guy answer but - there is no way of knowing exactly how long it will last. But the $5 bill savings program will help.

Rick Ritter

haha i like the strat. thanks bro.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

LOL!!! Rick.

Keep in mind you're buying used. You had no control over how it was taken care of. So, it could have gotten the best care in the world, or it could have belonged to some kid whose parents paid for everything and they treated it that way.

Good news is, it's a 2 stroke and it's an easy rebuild. Bad news is, you'll have two cylinders to do.

Old 09-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Range Rover

yeah, no rebuild on mine, 5 years. I've had it one and ridden it very, very hard. I think modding cuts down the life, but the mods you mentioned really aren't too taxing. Just take care of it, run it at 32:1 every time, clean/oil the filter often. Also, a HUGE DEAL...let it warm up. The wear is excessive when cold, do yourself a favor and let her warm up. My final suggestion is to avoid lugging the engine, keep it revving freely, plugs go fast if you're lugging.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by murox
yeah, no rebuild on mine, 5 years. I've had it one and ridden it very, very hard. I think modding cuts down the life, but the mods you mentioned really aren't too taxing. Just take care of it, run it at 32:1 every time, clean/oil the filter often. Also, a HUGE DEAL...let it warm up. The wear is excessive when cold, do yourself a favor and let her warm up. My final suggestion is to avoid lugging the engine, keep it revving freely, plugs go fast if you're lugging.
thank you man. That is exactly what i wanted to hear. I will take care of it my best.

Old 09-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Pro Rider

banshees with care, and regular maintenance can last a looong time...alot of people think that there unreliable and **** out pretty quick which is false, yes you gotta take a little bit of extra care on banshees then most quads since its a 2 stroke with 2 carbs and such, but if you take care of it they can last 5 years or more easy before needing rebuilt, being as new as that banshee is hopefully it hasnt been raped to badly but even though its new it could have had the crap beat out of it...never know.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:31 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by 91Warrior357
banshees with care, and regular maintenance can last a looong time...alot of people think that there unreliable and **** out pretty quick which is false, yes you gotta take a little bit of extra care on banshees then most quads since its a 2 stroke with 2 carbs and such, but if you take care of it they can last 5 years or more easy before needing rebuilt, being as new as that banshee is hopefully it hasnt been raped to badly but even though its new it could have had the crap beat out of it...never know.

Thanks with advance! i actually picked it up today and was riding for 4 hours! Can u say fun and fast.

Thank all u guys. =)

Old 11-22-2009, 06:19 PM
Trailblazer

i just got my 01 banshee bored with oversized pistons so if i take good care of it clean the air filter after every ride and warm it up before every ride it shouldnt need a rebuild every 50 hours like the local dealer said .. i run 40:1 oil mixture with ipone full sythetic oil. and how do you guys warm up your banshees specily in colder weather i live in nova scotia (canada) i usually just let it idle for a few minutes than take it easy until it feels all right to crack her, is that the right way to do it? sorry for all the diferent questions but i just got it and stuff and want to know from people who know from experiance... thanks a lot: connor

Quick Reply: How often do banshees need to be rebuilt?