Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

question about yamaha 550 grizzly

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 09:11 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about yamaha 550 grizzly

I just bought a brand new 09 Yamaha Grizzly 550 EPS today. I wanted to get some opinions on how I should handle this one. First of all, I got the bike home and was not impressed with the EPS. I just drove it down the driveway and back, but it took a lot of force to turn the wheels with it idling. Also, later this evening when everything calmed down, I looked at the display and my odometer read 32 miles and 7.4 hours! Is it just me or is this too much for a brand new machine. I know what you are thinking. You should have checked that before you left the dealership! No excuse. I guess I took it for granted since I go to church with the owners of the dealership. What should I do?

Old 09-26-2009, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider

Ok Im not dissing you or your church friend BUUUU-UT I do know a few church people that own businesses , and really they are the ones who will try to get over on ya. Sorry that is just my observation. I have never even thought of looking at the mileage on any of the 5 quads I have bought over the yrs. you should not have to its brand new.As for the steering ,it should steer easy if not something is wrong take it back, oh on the mileage when they run you through the paper work they are supposed to notify you of the miles. Good luck

Old 09-28-2009, 02:14 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by regalchem10
I just bought a brand new 09 Yamaha Grizzly 550 EPS today. I wanted to get some opinions on how I should handle this one. First of all, I got the bike home and was not impressed with the EPS. I just drove it down the driveway and back, but it took a lot of force to turn the wheels with it idling. Also, later this evening when everything calmed down, I looked at the display and my odometer read 32 miles and 7.4 hours! Is it just me or is this too much for a brand new machine. I know what you are thinking. You should have checked that before you left the dealership! No excuse. I guess I took it for granted since I go to church with the owners of the dealership. What should I do?
The power steering doesn't kick in when the quad is idling (and stopped), only when you start moving when it should be extremely easy.

Don't know if I'd sweat the 32 mile thing, it may have been on a couple test rides, or maybe the salesman was taking it home for lunch, or to church lol? Probably a little much for a brand new machine, unless it was a demo of some sort.

Old 09-28-2009, 02:24 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

32 miles is a demo not new. There is a 650 Kawi Brute Force demo on ebay with 20 miles that is being sold as used for $5900.

Old 09-29-2009, 05:34 PM
Trailblazer

You bought a used quad. I would bring it back and demand an explanation, an apology, and a refund. Whenever I bought a new machine I always requested a boxed unit. I do not want a machine that everybody has had their grubby hands all over with all their poking, prodding, and pulling on parts.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:36 PM
Trailblazer

I know this is the yamaha forum, but I just bought my BF750 a week ago.....BRAND NEW. like, so brand new, it had zero miles on it.......thats considered brand new. You bought a used quad.........i'd call the dealer in a heartbeat.

Old 10-01-2009, 03:16 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by regalchem10
What did you end up doing. If nothing yet, do not be embarrassed to go back and speak to them.