Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Banshee vs 450's

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 12:30 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you should have im very happy with mine no problems so far only thing is you have to adjust the park brake every once in a while but thats nothing new i had to do it on my old 06 but it terms of power much more than my old quad very satisfied

Old 10-29-2009, 08:02 AM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!

Originally Posted by YFZ660R
To make a long story short, it's an unreliable pos. ...
Ouch! Wow, that's not a story you want to here if your KTM who is a clear underdog in the market. It sure will make me think twice if I was in the market to buy.

Old 11-11-2009, 04:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by draarong2004
tires and rider skill....

i've said it before and i'll say it again, i beat out a banshee on my warrior that had the SAME tires as mine only on 9" rims instead of mine which are on 10" rims(both 22" tall tires) puresport realtor tires....wish i could find a bunch somewhere really nice tires. either he was fully stock(mines jetted, bored, the airbox has been ported, and a dg pipe with no spark arrest....and yes i know i'll need one for badlands) or he couldn't shift worth a stick...

as stated before, its more fun losing than it is just watching, get out there and get it, never know till you try.
was the guy riding the banshee alive?

Old 11-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by 1_bad450r
lol

Old 11-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by 1_bad450r
very much so, maybe ya'll have run into some slow warriors or something, but the one i've got is no slouch by any means, i've only had the throttle wide open 3 times, one of them was during that race and half the race my front tires were off the ground and not intentionally....in all honesty it almost seems like its too much power but at the same time i haven't had alot of time to get used to it.

Old 11-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider

very much so, maybe ya'll have run into some slow warriors or something, but the one i've got is no slouch by any means, i've only had the throttle wide open 3 times, one of them was during that race and half the race my front tires were off the ground and not intentionally....in all honesty it almost seems like its too much power but at the same time i haven't had alot of time to get used to it.
ive smoked a good bit of bikes on my old geezer warrior but only 1 banshee, it was a pretty close race it had some mods done to it but it wasnt running right thats why i won lol.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:13 PM
Trailblazer

That is strange, perhaps the banshee was not running correct and/or it was running on 1 cylinder.

when i first bought my banshee it was only piped and jetted, i was able to play with a piped, jetted, and airfiltered raptor 350. Im pretty sure a bone stock banshee would have you the whole race depending on the rider.

banshees and 450s are a big step up from raptor 350's warriors and blasters. I noticed big time after i bought my banshee.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by keljose
That is strange, perhaps the banshee was not running correct and/or it was running on 1 cylinder.

when i first bought my banshee it was only piped and jetted, i was able to play with a piped, jetted, and airfiltered raptor 350. Im pretty sure a bone stock banshee would have you the whole race depending on the rider.

banshees and 450s are a big step up from raptor 350's warriors and blasters. I noticed big time after i bought my banshee.
smelled like he was running nitro fuel...LOL thats all i can say. i have no reason to lie, and he sounded like both cylinders were very much working, looked like facotry exhaust/sounded factory though, i've heard a few banshee's before. and fyi my warrior has hung with some jetted 450's already , sorry if you think i'm bs'in, have no reason to just tellin it like it is.

Old 11-12-2009, 01:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

smelled like he was running nitro fuel...LOL thats all i can say. i have no reason to lie, and he sounded like both cylinders were very much working, looked like facotry exhaust/sounded factory though, i've heard a few banshee's before. and fyi my warrior has hung with some jetted 450's already , sorry if you think i'm bs'in, have no reason to just tellin it like it is.
Look im not saying your bs'in but facts are facts. It would take quite a bit of money to make that warrior hang with a STOCK banshee or a 450. If it didn't everyone would own one. You don't see to many warrior drag bikes hill shooting in the dunes. Its just not feasible.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:38 PM
Range Rover

My YFZ 450 is basically stock with just the basic bolt-on mods and some weight reduction.If a Warrior ever beat me in a dragrace I think that I would get off of my YFZ, pour some gas on it, light it on fire and then walk away.

Quick Reply: Banshee vs 450's