Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Quicksand Video '99' [Glamis]

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2001, 10:23 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought the Quicksand video the other day. I live in Pa and have never been there but I do have to say if thats what goes on there at night I cant see that place being open for very long. I understand everybody likes to have there fun, but thats taken it to the extreme. You have people setting bushes on fire, people jumping through fires, and people riding through fires. I just dont find that very responsible. To tell you the truth that place is a riders paradise, but I dont think I could deal with the people there. If you have experianced Glamis and have an opinion, post it Id like to read what you have to say about it.

Thanks

Old 02-25-2001, 11:54 AM
Pro Rider

I haven't seen the video or been to the location, but by what you are saying, it sounds like it's not doing much to help the sport of ATVing. Maybe I'm getting old???

Old 02-26-2001, 03:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have seen some videos and yes, it does looki like its out of control. I wen in Nov of last year and none of those things were happening. ATVeres are finally starting to do some "self-policing" of themselves. I think those days of destruction or over. At least I hope, I plan on going to Glamis this NOV again, it rocks and the sand, sun, and girls make for quite the righteous time...

RoostKing...

RoostKing..

Old 02-26-2001, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most of the time it's not like that. The main two area's that do get crazy that I've seen are: Comp hill at night and the flats near Gecko Road where they race. Like any place it definetly has it's has it's share of brain dead losers getting twisted, being destructive and Littering, but for the mostly it's decent and fun. Don't let the scenes on the video stop you from making a trip there some day as it really is a awesome place to see/ride. It can be the middle of december and you can go out riding with a tee-shirt and get a tan. You can also take a short ride down across the border into Mexico and do some trinket shopping.

Rude Dog

Old 03-05-2001, 08:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

I was at a friends house and they were watching that video! Did you notice that one quarter of it was actual riding, another quarter *****, *****, *****, and a half stupid f**kers getting smashed and riding or jumping through fires! Well, I am sure you did notice that *espically the *****, huh?* Anyways, I agree with you that they should act in a more mannerly way to keep the tradition going!

LovelyQuadChick (Lovely)

Old 03-05-2001, 08:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey, I just noticed that we are from the same place!!! I just moved here from Florida and know no one. when I get my quad I am looking for someone to teach me the trails! email me sometime lovelychick_25@hotmail.com

Lovely

Old 03-06-2001, 12:31 AM
Trailblazer

Okay, Okay, Okay!

I spend a lot of time at Glamis, and what you see in those "T and A" videos is a only a small portion of the "Glamis Crowd".

You have to look at it like this....

Glamis is HUGE! The population goes from 15 to 150,000 people on big weekends. Most of the crazy crap you see occurs at Comp and The Sand-drags. These locations draw large crowds. Most folks just chill and watch the racing, while others get totally hammered and cause trouble. When you get that many people together you are bound to have a few morons in the crowd.

All in all things have really lightened up on larger weekends.

MOST Duners are very responsible! Most of us are fighting very hard to keep our sand-box open.

I also think those types of videos are a thing of the past.... I hope any way!!!