Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

99 yamaha warrior

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 07:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 99 yamaha warrior

I enjoy my warrior I dont want to sell and buy a different quad. I have heard they are not big powerhouses, I own one so i know it is true! But why cant someone build one that will run with 450s on the river during winter? If yours does let me know what you have done and about how much it cost.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:19 PM
Range Rover
Default warrior stealth big bore/stroker

warrior stealth big bore/stroker

I didnt do it but it will make your warrior a 400 cc
plus you can jet the carb and get an exhaust that would prob be the closest to a 450 you will get

Old 01-03-2010, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider
Loves To Ride!

Bad idea to even try. You will sink way, way too much money into it. My Warrior with all the specs listed in my sig has set me back oaround $3000 in aftermarket/maintenance, plus the $1400 I paid for it...so I have about $4400 in it...and it will not touch a 450 in a drag. I can run with and ahead of 450's when doing most types of riding--except track, dunes, or dragging. My Warrior will beat any of those bikes off the line but once I hit third they have the edge and its no contest. Torque is unbeatable, but the top end is still limited by the engine size.

About the only thing you can do to actually hang with 450's is install the 446 big bore kit from FourStroke Tech. Its a great kit made by a great company, but you are looking at $1500 for that after machine labor and an oil cooler...not to mention you miss out on most of its benefit unless your quad is already built to the extent of mine or close to it.

Bottom line, put a pipe, air filter, and maybe a cam in it and ride the hell out of it. Those mods alone will give you a noticeable difference, and if you want to go a little deeper bore it .040" over and throw in a high compression piston. All of this would run you about $600 and I wouldn't put much more into it than that. Find some Banshee shocks on eBay for cheap and swap them with the Warrior fronts for a cheap upgrade...the Warrior suspension sucks.