Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

01 Blaster questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 09:37 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 Blaster questions

Hi, I'm fairly new here and have a couple of questions about my son in laws blaster. We rebuilt the top end, got it back together and tried to start it. No start. I found a broken wire reconnected it and it fired right up but after running a few minutes it died and has no spark. I'm not familiar with the tors system on it and would like to rule it out as a suspect. Can someone explain what needs to be done to disconnect it? Also, is there a low oil shut down in the injector system? He's convinced that the injector was the cause of the meltdown to begin with and wants to pre-mix his gas, which is fine by me but I feel that it should be done with the kit to remove the injector. He lives 30 miles from me so I can't keep running back and forth. Anyway, he cut the injector lines and plugged the line going into the carb. The others, he left hanging and I noticed while it was running that the pump is in fact working to a point because it was pushing oil on the floor of his garage. The only oil it pushed out was what was in the lines since he pulled the tank, but it died about the time the oil quit pumping so I'm curious if there's some kind of connection between it loosing spark and the injector running dry? Any help would be appreciated. Jim

Old 01-28-2010, 11:02 AM
Trailblazer

the tors is easy to do just unhook the plug going to the tors an the wires going to the throttle housing you might have to cut the plug off the carb end an tie the wires together i dont remember exactly but one way will work an the other wont an the oil injection is also an easy fix you dont need the block off kit just take off the clutch side cover an the pump is in there when you get to it just take off the lil e clip from the inside remove the pin an white plastic gear an it will keep the pump from spinning if you need a better explanition just let me know

Old 01-28-2010, 11:25 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks, I'll let him know and maybe he can do it without me having to drive there. Hopefully it'll get him going

Old 01-28-2010, 11:38 AM
Trailblazer

i went out an looked on my blaster an the wires at the carb do need to be tied together to complete the circut but its a simple process he shouldnt have any problems

Old 07-24-2011, 09:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by foolish-913
the tors is easy to do just unhook the plug going to the tors an the wires going to the throttle housing you might have to cut the plug off the carb end an tie the wires together i dont remember exactly but one way will work an the other wont an the oil injection is also an easy fix you dont need the block off kit just take off the clutch side cover an the pump is in there when you get to it just take off the lil e clip from the inside remove the pin an white plastic gear an it will keep the pump from spinning if you need a better explanition just let me know
ok, i've been reading a lot of posts about the oil block kit for the blasters. SO, some posts say "no you don't need one", like this quote, and others say "yes, you need to install an oil block kit". so my question is: which is it? use the kit or not. i've got a 01 blaster and i need to find out what to do. the oil jug is broke. oh yeah, i can buy another jug, but with the common failures i read about, i think i'll do without it.
one more thing, i've read to either use a 32:1 or a 40:1 mixing ratio. what is recommended? and where should i set the air/fuel screw? how many rounds out? TWO?
thanks again!