Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Bad Raptor on ATV TV

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2001, 12:48 PM
jim
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those of you who saw the last couple ATV TV shows on the outdoor channel for desert racing w/ the pro's, you have to agree, the blue Raptor they showed was SOOOOO BAD!!! I would love to have one if I didn't need 4wd where I live & ride. 14" of front travel w/ larger Honda brake rotors. The 2 desert racing shows were cool I thought. I love them modified Raptors. Wish I had an extra $10,000 laying around.
Jim Maloney 98 400 Scrambler
http://photos.yahoo.com/jim400scram

Old 02-28-2001, 12:51 PM
Pro Rider

Jim, I'm from pittsburgh area also, what time and channel is this program on? Where do you ride?

Old 03-01-2001, 01:09 PM
jim
Pro Rider

Saturdays at 3:00PM or Monday at 5:00PM. I ride local poker runs, MX tracks & PA & Ohio natl forests plus around my house.
Jim

Old 03-01-2001, 01:42 PM
Range Rover

Whats up fellas. Seems like we are all near eachother. Maybe we can all hook up and do some riding somewhere, your place or mine. Im always looking for new riding buddies. Looking forword to hearing from you.

Old 03-01-2001, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

I can TRY again(Xtreme165,DSEATER).

Old 03-02-2001, 10:04 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds good we should all make plans and go on a big ride! Lets start arrainging.

Old 03-02-2001, 04:15 PM
Trailblazer

hey ERICsRAPTOR u live in portage. do u know where beaverdale is???????????

Old 03-02-2001, 05:02 PM
Pro Rider

Ya, I do. You got that BIG hill climb you can see from the hill going into Beaverdale. Never had a chance yet but it looks like a doozy.
I go swimming out there in the Rock quarry-you should know what I'm talking about.Last year there was a bunch of us swimming up there and this kid from our group could NOT swim and jumped in and doggy paddled to the MIDDLE!! Needless to say, I had to save him because everybody else let him sink. I about did too when you swam up to him to save him he would wrap his arms around your neck and put/pull you under, I didn't want to let him go. He took me under about 7-8 feet I ripped him off me went up and got more air, asked for help from the BIG MAN UPSTAIRS, went back down grabbed him(10-15 feet down) and mustered all the energy I had left to swim him to the island. I could've killed the guys just standing around but I didn't have the energy-just layed there for about 1/2 hour dead to the world. I'll NEVER forget that day for as long as I live- Thanks GOD (again). Sorry 'bout that just remember that everytime I think about Beaverdale. We should hook up sometime--it seems to be getting better outside. You probaly know me I drive a White Stealth - aka Big Daddy.

Old 03-02-2001, 08:04 PM
Trailblazer

hey ericsraptor sounds good to me just tell me when u wanna go. well we'll hafta wait cuz i hafta put new swing arm bearings in my wolverine. tell me ur s/n that way we can chat sometime. mine is tripped390. u should try an climb tha hill climb with ur raptor. it is dam hard i can barely walk up it with a rope. if im on when u read this IM me.and if we go ridin ull blow my *** away.lol oh ya why dont tha rest of uns give me ur screen names and we can chat and get to kno each other. i dont think i will be aloud to come to anybodies house cuz im only 14. but after i got to kno all uns i owuld be aloud.

Old 03-02-2001, 08:57 PM
Pro Rider

Wolvsrule, Ya mines in the shop too but we can start planning. Xtreme and everybody else in this area of PA. Let's start planning a BIG ride maybe a couple hours at everybodys locations if possible or just find the best location for all our needs(mud,speed,hills----FUN!!!). Anybody In?

Quick Reply: Bad Raptor on ATV TV