Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

HELP!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2001, 04:14 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today when i went riding i stoped for a few miniutes and noticed that one of the breather houses that hang high up on the frame had some sort of yellow substance coming out.It smells like gear lube from the rear im 99% sure of that but i wiped it off with a rag and proceeded to ride.well i kept checking up on it and once again there was a little bit coming out of it when i came home. Does anyone know why its doing this or is it normal in the cold weather???????

Old 03-01-2001, 06:56 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Grizzly did that, on mine all it was was the rear gear case finding it's correct oil level. Everytime I changed the rear oil and filled it to the overflow hole it would seep out the breather tube for the first couple of rides after.

Old 03-01-2001, 07:45 PM
Trailblazer

Thanx for the help. I thought it might be that ...the thing is i havent changed it in a while. I did sink the front end in some icy water a month ago possibly water in there. Im going to change it 2morrow night and check on it during my saterday ride

Old 03-01-2001, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

Me too. When I added the friction modifier to my front dif and refilled it, it did the same thing. Only once and then never again.

Rick