Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

help diagnosing twolf problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 07:58 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First part arrived.... a better wiring harness from a place in Utah that has much less humidity and mud... It's in great condition and only cost me 22 dollars...ebay for the win.

Old 07-15-2010, 03:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

yeah i ordered all my stuff from ebay. my neutral light doesn't work...any tips?

sad thing is, even after i get my bike starting, it still smokes. oh well at least i can ride

Old 07-15-2010, 09:59 PM
Trailblazer

if your neutral light doesn't work either...how do you get it cranked?

Old 07-16-2010, 02:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

just cuz the neutral light doesnt work doesnt mean its not in neutral....i just kick it in neutral and press the button...lol

Old 07-16-2010, 05:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

well im quite disappointed. i connected my new solenoid and starter and now when you hit the start button, you hear a crackle and you hear the starter spin...no start...any ideas?

Old 07-16-2010, 05:24 PM
Trailblazer

i have a new cut off relay coming and i'll let you know what does for me. i have no neutral light and it does nothing when you hit the start button...

Old 07-17-2010, 11:35 AM
Weekend Warrior

just checked all the connections and they seemed sound...what does the cut off relay do?

Old 07-17-2010, 09:23 PM
Trailblazer

Ok ended up not needing the Starter Cut off relay, I put the good used wiring harness on it after going from one end to the other and re-taping the whole thing (looks brand new because of that). I was making sure everything was going to work.

Got it on this after noon and hooked the battery up and WOW I have a neutral light and i hit the start button and it made noise....i was very happy at this point. pulled the choke still didn't wanna crank...held hand over end of the air tube like you would a weedeater to help it crank and voila...it fired up.

I stopped the engine. changed the oil and filled it up. during the oil change i had to lift the gear shift to remove crankcase oil plug and apparently i did something underneath there because now i have no neutral light again but i can still hit the start button...but now it won't crank. END OF DAY...lol

In the morning i'm going to check all the connections again and make sure that i didnt knock something loose again(palms face).

Old 07-18-2010, 09:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

could that help me?

Old 07-19-2010, 12:10 PM
Trailblazer

Come to find out...the air box filled with fuel...something got stuck in carb i guess and flooded the air box. I wonder if the new oil i have has gas in it...never ran it....after oil change. I cleaned out the air box and took the carb apart and cleaned with carb cleaner and compressed air. Put back together. Tried to crank and now it makes even less exhaust gases..wouldn't that mean the cylinder still has gas in it? Gonna clear my head for a few days, wait for new exhaust to come in and then get back on it.

Quick Reply: help diagnosing twolf problem