Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

need help please!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help please!

my rear brake is stuck engaged on my 07 wolverine, it just happened out of no where when i started hearing screeching in the back of my atv, is there anyway to adjust it? or fix it, the fluid is topped off to, thanks

Old 07-12-2010, 08:54 PM
Range Rover

eh, i checked and the caliper is just loose, ill try and tighten it down once i find those metric allen wrenches...

Old 07-12-2010, 09:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Did you get it fixed?

Old 07-12-2010, 09:52 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by DODGE57HEMI
Did you get it fixed?
no man, i put the atv away and called it a night, then i noticed a big puddle under my rear diff, uhhhh fantastic, so ive been busy thinking about that..., i know the diff skid plate is pretty bashed, just prayin the diff is ok, ill check that out tomorrow as well, in anycase should i stick with yamahas gear oil or switch to an amsoil synthetic, you seem like the guy with all the answers around here

Old 07-12-2010, 10:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Originally Posted by benks
no man, i put the atv away and called it a night, then i noticed a big puddle under my rear diff, uhhhh fantastic, so ive been busy thinking about that..., i know the diff skid plate is pretty bashed, just prayin the diff is ok, ill check that out tomorrow as well, in anycase should i stick with yamahas gear oil or switch to an amsoil synthetic, you seem like the guy with all the answers around here
LMFAO all the answers hu No Yoda here! Either fluid is good the Yamalube is a semi synthetic or as you probably know AMS oil is a full synthetic. As far as you brake issue goes I have a feeling you have two issues that go hand in hand! Let us know what you find!

Old 07-13-2010, 08:53 PM
Range Rover

Originally Posted by DODGE57HEMI
As far as you brake issue goes I have a feeling you have two issues that go hand in hand! Let us know what you find!
ohhh no.. do you think the brakes being stuck on caused so much pressure on the diff that it blew out a seal or something, i didnt have time to look at it today,

Old 07-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Range Rover

well good news, the diff skid plate was so bashed in that it loosened the diff drain plug so fixed that all up today, but the caliper is not retracting on its own after the brake is applied, so im going to put new seals in the piston and bleed out the lines and see how that works...

Old 07-14-2010, 08:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

Let us know how it turns out!