Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Hey guys, you won't BELIEVE what I did!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2001 | 09:19 PM
|
Pro Rider

The Raptor is GONE!!!

I was looking through CycleTrader Online the other day and saw this awsome looking 1988 250r and the next thing I know, I'm trading my Raptor and $1,500 for this thing. It belonged to a Pro rider (some guy named Keith Little - top 10) and was restored by his friend - the guy I bought it from. It's supposed to be on the front cover of Cycle Trader Magazine this week or next week.

I know it will not be as suitable for 'rugged' trail riding like the Raptor, but I may be getting a Prairie 650 V-Twin when they come out that will go anywhere the Raptor would - plus some (actually, the sport utilities have been just as much fun to ride for me as the Raptor was). The Raptor is a GREAT bike, but I figured they will be around for a long time and wanted to invest in something that will be fun to work on and improve over the years. Anyway, take a look at the pictures...

www.members.home.net/bartkim

At the main page, pull down the drop-down menu and go to the Yahoo Photo Album and then select the 1988 Honda 250R folder.

I still consider a lot of you my internet family and will still hang out here and answer any questions about the Raptor that I feel knowledgeable about.

Also, my in-laws still have their 2 Prairie 400s that I can use anytime, so let me know when you North Texas riders want to go riding again up at the Ranch.

Bart

Old 03-04-2001 | 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

Very very very nice R, you da man! Can I ride it? lol! That is one nice machine..... *drools* at the chrome....... have fun!

Old 03-04-2001 | 10:39 PM
Trailblazer

At first I said to myself "Why on earth would someone selltheir raptor for a..." and then I saw the pics. Most awesome thing I have ever seen. SWEEEEEEEETTT!

Old 03-05-2001 | 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

All I have to say is "DAMN!" That looks like 1 amazing machine! But where are you going to ride it!?? I don't think I'd be able to take a machine that clean trail riding too much! I'd be afraid of getting a scratch on it! Awesome quad BirdofPrey!!

Old 03-05-2001 | 12:36 AM
|
Pro Rider

Thanks for the compliments, but I can't take credit - all I did was buy it.

And yes, brokemybanshee, if you're ever in Denton, TX, you can ride it any time - maybe even give me few pointers.

Bart
www.members.home.net/bartkim

Old 03-05-2001 | 12:49 AM
Range Rover

Be very careful riding.. You could get a scratch.. That would be very sad!!

Old 03-05-2001 | 01:05 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks, but screw that I wouldnt want to scratch it, dont let anybody ride it! lol!

Old 03-05-2001 | 01:16 AM
Pro Rider

Great buy Bird!! That quad is sweeeeeet!

Keith Little is a TT rider, if im right. The quad as it is in the pics are setup for TT flat track racing. Bet that is one fast machine too.

Congrats on the purchase (you wanna trade a 01 shee for it? hehe)

Hope to ride with ya again sometime!

Old 03-05-2001 | 09:28 AM
Range Rover

I like the 250r you bought. Looks sweet. This R looks set up for the TT track.

You may have to buy wheels and tires at least to trail ride and mx. They are ten inch rims. Check the axle. Keith Little is a pro rider and many of them use a hollow axle to TT to cut down on the weight. Axis shocks are great. But you may have to have them rebuilt and new springs for jumping or trail riding.

00 KX 125 (just bought)
Blue Raptor: TCS Shocks, LoneStar A-Arms, DuraBlue axle, Fastline Brake Lines, Big Gun Pipe, GYTR Silencer, No-airlid, DG Bumper, Renthal Bar, 42 rear sprocket

Old 03-05-2001 | 10:45 AM
Range Rover

Don't rass me about being faster that a prarie. Also plan on doing some TT racing. Nice quad.

Quick Reply: Hey guys, you won't BELIEVE what I did!!!