Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What should i do?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 12:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should i do?

Ok, I just turned 14 and i've wanted a atv for 3 years. We used to have two 03 Warriors but my dad sold them because we "had nowhere to ride". Well last year i asked for a atv and my mom said "you have nowhere to ride". Btw i live in a small surburb of a small town. Now this year i met up with a friend i used to hang out with until he moved but he moved back and come to find out i have lots of places to ride he told me. I just have a ride down the road alittle to get to the trails. Mind you this is a low traffic road and low traffic area. So do you think i should go for the gold because i have places to ride (hes showed me). Money isn't really an issue i mean i work pt and make a couple bucks a week. And im only lookin for a used atv. And btw what are good atv's for me to grow into and also im about 6'1 and does height really matter for atv size? Thanks.

Old 10-28-2010, 07:12 PM
I haven't been stuck since the last time!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many trails?

The first question that comes to my mind...how much acreage? How many Miles of trails? You have to have a lot of trails in that area to really make it worth buying a quad in my opinion. Being that you are 14...you are obviously not able to haul the quad somewhere else to ride on your own...I haul quads to ride. The most local place is about an hour drive and I could cover all of the trails there in about an hour. I would not be able to justify buying a quad if this was the area that I was stuck to. If parents, friends, someone is willing to drive you to other destinations as well or if this area you are referencing is rather large...then go for it! As far as quad...depends what type of riding you plan to do. Sport or utility?
Mudslinger2