Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

It it legal in MA to -->???

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 06:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question It it legal in MA to -->???

i just bought me a 2003 Yamaha Blaster and my friend said its legal to ride them when theres 2 or more inches of snow and the po po wont do anything i live in MA ????

Old 12-08-2010, 07:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

I don't think it's legal, but most police officers are not going to try and engage a high speed chase in the snow.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by poconoceancity
I don't think it's legal, but most police officers are not going to try and engage a high speed chase in the snow.
Yeah thats what they are telling me to but your from MA bro im bout to ask one of the school cops or something. hahaha

Old 12-09-2010, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Not legal. You can only ride on private property with permission or at one of 3 state parks in Western MA. That's why I ride in NH and ME.

Old 12-11-2010, 09:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

My understanding is that in MA, the only way that you can ride your Blaster around in the snow on the roads in MA is if the Governor officially declares a state of emergency. I believe that this has happened twice, in blizzard conditions, in the past 10 years.

Old 12-29-2010, 05:39 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by ElViolento24
i just bought me a 2003 Yamaha Blaster and my friend said its legal to ride them when theres 2 or more inches of snow and the po po wont do anything i live in MA ????
ILLLEGAL! There is not much you can LEGALLY do with your Quad in the Crooked Crappy State of My-A$$-achusetts!! I hate this state and they haven't gotten any sales tax revenue (only required to be paid if you actually register the vehicle in the state - but I am sure they will find a way to get money from us anyhow..) and the haven't gotten registration revenue from me.

This state doesn't do a darn thing to support the sport! What the idiots do not realize is that if they did have more Legal riding areas - they would generate more revenue for the State (Sales tax and Registration fees) as well as boost the local economies around the riding areas. (Though there are a few toothless wonders in the town of Lee, Ma - just saying )

Ok I am done with my Rant

Old 09-02-2011, 06:56 AM
Weekend Warrior

In the state of Massachusetts when it is declared state of emergency due to snow, all atv's and snowmobiles are street legal. Police can not even touch you if they wanted...You can ride a quad through Downtown Boston and not be harrased. I have ridden alot of storms on my warrior no problem. as long as there is snow on the ground the police usualy leave you alone.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:04 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by LCRPREZ
In the state of Massachusetts when it is declared state of emergency due to snow, all atv's and snowmobiles are street legal. Police can not even touch you if they wanted...You can ride a quad through Downtown Boston and not be harrased. I have ridden alot of storms on my warrior no problem. as long as there is snow on the ground the police usualy leave you alone.
Wrong. Funny, but wrong.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:12 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by LCRPREZ
I like how you have the word "USUALLY" in there

Let us just say you have been Lucky...